Talk

Advanced search

baby making weird grunting noises in sleep

(8 Posts)
miniegg Thu 23-Aug-07 09:34:53

hello, my nearly 4 week old DS (first baby) has been making strange and quite loud grunting noises most of the night. i felt sure he must be awake to make such a noise but he seems to be doing it in his sleep. He has been very restless all night - has anyone else heard their baby making such noise? i don't think he's ill - he looks okay and is feeding etc -but it doesn't sound too comfortable.
my impression during the night was that he was very windy/colicky and that's why we had such a bad night..perhaps the grunting is a symptom of wind? at some points he is making the grunting noises every minute or so; then he will go for a longish period of being nice and quiet, then he will start up again. any advice/shared experiences?

phdlife Thu 23-Aug-07 09:37:02

miniegg mine always made weird noises. he snored like a lumberjack too. I think it's just what they do!

lemonaid Thu 23-Aug-07 09:40:29

They do do that -- you wouldn't believe a baby so small could make such loud noises!

WinkyWinkola Thu 23-Aug-07 09:42:01

Both of mine kept me awake. So noisy at night. It's normal. It's when they're quiet that I worried!

lemonaid Thu 23-Aug-07 09:46:38

And the farting! DS would be lying there asleep and suddenly there would come this NOISE that would virtually shake the foundations of the building.

ConnorTraceptive Thu 23-Aug-07 09:48:07

oh god it was like sharing a room with a barnyard animal when ds was newborn, honestly I was glad to see him go into his own room

cockles Thu 23-Aug-07 10:11:37

And the moaning! And the barking! Mine did it too - especially from about 3 am onwards - I thought it was wind too but I think it's more likely that the last half of the night is lighter sleep. I used to sleep with one earplug in which helped a bit!

columbolover Thu 23-Aug-07 10:47:24

At least he is actually sleeping during some of the night at 4 weeks you lucky thing!!

My ds never made a sound, and I wish he had, as I was (still am!) constantly bending over him to check he was breathing.

The day I found him asleep face down on his playmat, at 5 months, I was obviously beside myself

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now