Talk

Advanced search

Am I wrong?

(7 Posts)
doldrums13 Tue 03-Dec-19 12:47:48

My little girl is nearly eight months. She wakes up hourly overnight and screams unless she's given milk (breastfed). During the day she doesn't tend to nap apart from the school run and she'll wake up when the engine stops. If she falls asleep on me during the day she'll wake up arching her back and screaming within fifteen minutes.

Possibly related she has rashes that come and go under her eyes. Doctor thinks its eczema but it doesn't seem like my other children's eczema.

Now my am I wrong - the doctor/health visitor/lactose consultant think she's just a poor

doldrums13 Tue 03-Dec-19 12:49:38

Oops sorry - think she's a poor sleeper. But could there be something obvious I'm missing?

If she was two or five they'd look into possible reasons.

doodleschmoodle Tue 03-Dec-19 13:14:46

Thats really tough. It sounds very much like she is overtired. At 8 months old babies should have a max awake time of around 2hr 45 mins or 3 hours before needing a nap. Do you have a routine for attempting naps? I.e. same room, rocking, comforter etc?

doldrums13 Tue 03-Dec-19 13:39:11

We've tried rocking, rubbing her back, feeding her to sleep (I know but we're desperate). We've found baths over stimulate her as does any toy with lights (the ones meant for sleep).

I've tried sleeping with her sheets under my pillow so for cot smells like me. We've co-slept.

We can see she's tired and will take her to our room and close curtains. During day and night. She doesn't sleep in the pram.

I will try anything.

DrPimplePopper Tue 03-Dec-19 13:43:00

Could it be milk allergy or intolerance? My daughter used to do the arching back thing and I think it was trapped wind/cramps caused by build up of milk through the day (we know now that she is dairy intolerant, didn't at the time). And recently one of my friend's said her baby's eyes were getting swollen and itchy as part of her milk allergy, she is being diagnosed for CMPA.

DontBuyANewMumCashmere Tue 03-Dec-19 13:44:03

Can you sling her? I got an excellent carrier at around 6m, a Connecta carrier and it was brilliant. Front and back wearing.

My DD was an awful napper, she'd only sleep in a moving car/pram/sling, and at home she'd sleep in a cot but only for 20min naps.

I can't remember what we did/how we coped, but we also EBF and I Co slept with her and just gave her milk whenever.

She's 5 now and has slept through reliably since about 2.5
Sorry, it can be shit but it does pass, eventually. X

haba Tue 03-Dec-19 18:42:25

Have you tried going milk free? Me going dairy and soya free made an enormous difference to by ds' eczema. If you tried it for two weeks you've not lost anything.
Be aware though that milk proteins and soya are in almost every pre-prepared food going...even sliced bread.
Is there someone who can cook for you/ feed you at all to make it a bit easier?
You have my sympathies. It will pass though smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »