Talk

Advanced search

Mum friend dynamics

(5 Posts)
moobar Mon 02-Dec-19 15:09:39

I find this stuff hard sometimes.

Made a good group of mum friends, all great.

Yesterday we had a prearranged meet up, one couldn't come as baby sick all night and again yesterday morning, I'm sorry she missed out.

Today I arrive at pool for swimming and she and baby are there. shock I don't want to be nasty so quietly say to her was she aware Dd should rest for 48 hours (and not mix with other babies!) I sort of joked and said you know what I'm like with rules and health stuff.

She replied oh I only believe 24 necessary, I'm not staying home that long.

I made a silly excuse about forgetting my costume and left.

She's messaged the group just now saying she has just been sick.

I'm so annoyed but don't want to be a bitch. I get its hard, Dd had it, I had it. We spent days at home as Dd also had upset tummy.

Part of me wants to warn the other mums at swimming but what's the point. Just find it frustrating. Should I have said more? Loudly commented but baby was sick yesterday??

purpleboy Mon 02-Dec-19 15:24:07

Personally I would hate this. I'm happy for people to live their life as they see fit, but when your stupid decision potentially impact me or mine I have to say something.
I'd try to do it kindly so you don't alienate yourself, but maybe screen shot nhs advice and send it to her with an fyi just so you know for next time.
I actually think the official advice is 2 weeks for swimming.

moobar Mon 02-Dec-19 15:36:53

Thanks @purpleboy , yes that's how I feel.

Not that I am more important than her, but she lives in same street as pool, I'm a forty minute drive (rural) so it was a total waste of my day.

I did not know that about swimming, thank you.

I might do that and just say so much to learn eh, here's the info for next time.

Madaboutthem2 Mon 02-Dec-19 16:14:30

Things like this annoy me too. My child's often sick randomly after a sick bug up to a week later! It's actually quite selfish to think well she's fine now so I don't care if she's contagious. That's exactly why it spreads in the first place. I don't blame you. I'd not want to risk it either. Yuck. Especially ruining people's lives with a bug so near to Christmas.

purpleboy Mon 02-Dec-19 16:24:23

Good luck I hope she doesn't take it out on you.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »