Advanced search


(5 Posts)
tytytyty Mon 02-Dec-19 01:41:09

I am 18 years old and mum to a 6 month old baby. When I was pregnant my mum expressed how she really wanted me to stay at home when I had my son because next year I’m going to uni and she wants to be able to help with childcare.
However my house is overcrowded, my parents foster two children due to unforeseen circumstances in my family and there is no where else for the children. But that leave me, my 6 month old son, my 12 year old brother and on weekends, my 22 year old brother alll in one room. As you can imagine it’s unbearable. I’ve put up with it for months as social services have been claiming they are going to get my parents moved to a bigger house. But it’s been two years and to no avail. Does anyone know if the council will help me to get a council house quickly due to these circumstances. I am on universal credit but don’t even know how to go about asking about changing my housing arrangements. But I can’t live like this anymore, not only is it not practical and is there no space for my growing son, but it’s draining my mentally and making me extremely depressed. Please help!

Healthypositivity Mon 02-Dec-19 02:01:12

Yes they should be able to help. Just go to housing and speak to them.

rubyblue40 Mon 02-Dec-19 02:06:24

why didn't you think about the overcrowding before you decided to have a baby?

Selfsettling3 Mon 02-Dec-19 12:51:00

The type of accommodation and how quickly it will happen will depend on the area where you are living.

inwood Mon 02-Dec-19 12:54:40

You need to move out and build your own life. Why is your 22 yo brother there on weekends?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »