Talk

Advanced search

2 year old with a stinking cold, what to do today

(7 Posts)
Justasconfusedwithnumber2 Fri 29-Nov-19 09:03:28

I am heavily pregnant and have been up all night with 2 year old as he couldn't breathe from congestion. He's probably had all of a couple of hours broken sleep.

What can I do with him today that's fair, we only have a couple of days together a week (work)

All he wants is cbeebies but I feel bad sitting in front of TV all day

Rainatnight Fri 29-Nov-19 09:08:10

I’d rely heavily on CBeebies in your shoes! grin

To break it up, is there any little outing you can do? Personally, I don’t mind kids with colds in playgroups because I think they’re all snot monsters so it’s to be expected.

AnyoldAnna Fri 29-Nov-19 09:08:49

It’s only a day, sit in front of the telly. Cuddle up and you can both have a rest and start to feel better. Hope all better soon

Seeline Fri 29-Nov-19 09:08:52

Make some Christmas cards with him? Cut some pictures out of magazines, old cards etc and get him to stick them down and then lots of glitter!

Probably lots of ideas for Christmas craft online (wasn't around when my DCs were small!).

Bol87 Fri 29-Nov-19 21:53:26

Make playdoh? I recently had a go at making some as my DD had chicken pox & I was SO bored at home for 6 days.. went down well, kept her entertained for a whole afternoon!

Painting? Drawing? Pop dried pasta into different containers with spoons/scoops for him to move around .. that always surprisingly entertains my daughter for a while!

Wrap him up super warm & go for a very short walk if he seems to have some energy.. a little fresh air is good for everyone.

Don’t worry about the TV. Imagine how you feel with an awful cold. I bet you just want to sit on the sofa & watch TV! No different for our children, won’t do any harm smile we watched a LOT of CBeebies during our pox quarantine!

Bourbonbiccy Sat 30-Nov-19 20:36:35

Painting, colouring or crafting (gluing leaves, coloured paper, stickers, cotton wool or cut up straws )
Baking with them
Disco hour, dancing and singing hour (doesn't have to be an hour)

Caterina99 Mon 02-Dec-19 01:46:12

My 2 year old DD loves “washing up”. Step at the sink, soapy water and some plastic bowls etc. she’s entertained for ages. Yes it does make a bit of a mess, but I’ll take it for half an hour peace that’s not tv

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »