Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Just a bit of a self-pitying moan (feel free to ignore)

(5 Posts)
LoveAngel Sun 19-Aug-07 18:01:30

I'm just so tired and upset at the moment. My 2 and a half yr old is going through a really awakward stage. He has started kicking up a huge fuss about going to bed at night, is having at least two major tantrums a day and has become even fussier and more faddy about eating than usual - I am running out of steam, trying to discipline him / cheer him up / deal with him on a day to day basis- nothing seems to work anymore and I'm feeling really stressed out and tearful. We went on an outing with his nursery to the seaside the other day and while all the other children enjoyed themselves, my son screamed and cried and tantrumed his way through the whole day, and it all seemed to be over nothing (or everything!). It just felt like the final straw...

Othersideofthechannel Sun 19-Aug-07 19:45:58

You haven't been totally ignored. Hope you feel better for putting it in writing.

Isababel Sun 19-Aug-07 19:48:32

Welcome to the terrible twos

TheWoman Sun 19-Aug-07 19:48:59

Just try really hard to be consistent and calm in how you deal with him.
And remember that this phase will soon pass.
And then it will be someone else's turn!

Be kind to yourself and have a rest once he's in bed.

Then go and peep at him when he's asleep and remind yourself that he's a little angel really.

Niru13 Sun 19-Aug-07 20:36:46

Just know that you are not alone! Some days, I can't wait for my dd to go to bed so I can get some peace. I used to feel guilty about this but not anymore! It is a tough age. Just remember that they are not doing this on purpose - it's just their age.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now