Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ds1 about to start school still naps in afternoon - HELP

(3 Posts)
fizzylemonade Sun 12-Aug-07 17:37:10

He is 4.2 and about 3 times a week naps in the afternoon for a good 1.30hr to 2 hours.

This has worked well for me as I have 14 month old who does this every day (obviously)

He sleeps from 7-7 and we have on occasion put him to bed as early as 6pm when he has had a very active day and no nap and he has still slept through till 7am.

My question is, when he starts school he will be exhausted so do I let him have short nap after school or put him to bed earlier?

Has anyone else had experience of this. I currently enjoy getting both boys in bed for 7pm so that I have time with my DH, so don't really want him to have huge nap then stay up later. Selfish Mummy Plus I don't want a grumpy child for the last weeks of the summer hols as I feel that this is the end of an era. I am SAHM

Speccy Sun 12-Aug-07 17:39:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

fizzylemonade Sun 12-Aug-07 17:47:59

Thanks Speccy, I hope so, preschool was bad enough! So much excitement in one morning and he couldn't talk or want to hear me talk when he came out as he needed quiet time. Cue me plugging my MP3 into my ears for 20 minute walk home with silent thinking child!

Am planning to feed him flapjack or the likes when he comes out of school to keep him going a bit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now