Talk

Advanced search

Need advice with potty training

(6 Posts)
Mummy1603 Wed 11-Sep-19 19:08:11

Hi I am in need of some much needed advice
My son is 4 in December and refusing to potty train , he is so ready and all the signs are there.
He is happy to wear pants but when he needs to go toilet he freaks out and won’t sit on a potty or toilet to the point he then holds it and carries on playing , I have tried reward charts , different potty’s and other toilet training aids but he just won’t sit or stand to go , he screams and throws the potty’s , I tried playing a game to get him even for a few mins to sit on one
My eldest son was done at 2 day and night so finding this very tricky

Newyearsameoldshit Wed 11-Sep-19 20:43:04

He sounds strong willed!
I have one of those, my daughter would sit happily on the potty, but just would not go for a wee. Sticker charts, chocolate buttons, etc she didn't care about so I went big - told her she could pick a new dressing up outfit in exchange for the first wee in the potty.
Similar for a poo, then had to offer something else for using the potty whilst out and about as she was resistant to that!

Cost me a small fortune (and probably not to some people's parenting tastes) but once the 'firsts' were out the way she was fine and hardly had an accident so all worth it in my eyes.

Mummy1603 Wed 11-Sep-19 21:05:31

Thanks for the reply he is so stubborn , but I am willing to give anything a go if it means him even trying to sit on the potty or toilet , I have tried so many ways and approaches , I have resorted tomorrow to remove all nappies from sight and let my husband give it a go while I am out , he is very excited but when the actual morning comes he will freak out when he needs a wee , he hates being wet so I am hoping he might just give in a go for it , they have tried at nursery for me also but agree he is having none of it

Spanneroo Wed 11-Sep-19 21:12:13

My mum put a ping pong ball in the toilet and my dad and brother made a game of hitting the ping pong ball when they wee'd. Worth a shot?

elizaxthai Thu 12-Sep-19 16:45:52

I came across this and thought itd be fun when my son starts his potty training. It's a light to light up the toilet, I suppose it may only work at night though but could be fun

elizaxthai Thu 12-Sep-19 16:46:03

www.firebox.com/Illumibowl/p7478

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »