Talk

Advanced search

Baby lie in

(20 Posts)
sh13 Wed 11-Sep-19 10:05:45

my 3 and a half month baby sleeps 8-9pm till 6-7am where he then gets in my bed and has a breastfeed an we both fall back to sleep till 9:30-10am.

I’m enjoying the sleep as I’m aware it won’t last but feeling slightly guilty🤷🏻‍♀️

sh13 Wed 11-Sep-19 10:07:49

Meant to add, does this seem ok for now ? x

katmarie Wed 11-Sep-19 10:12:45

My DS used to do that, it was lovely. He'd wake at about 6.30, DH would get up for work, and help with him, change him before his feed etc, then hand him over to me, and go get ready and clear off. DS would have a nice long feed and then drop off for a couple of hours and I would go back to sleep too. I definitely treasured those extra couple of hours sleep. Sadly the awake time after the feed got gradually longer and longer and eventually it wasn't so much feed and go back to sleep as time to get up and start the day. At 6.30. He's 19 months now and still up at 6.30 most days.

maryberryslayers Wed 11-Sep-19 10:15:31

Sounds perfect! Enjoy it while it lasts!

Just make sure your following safe co-sleeping guidelines for when he sleeps in your bed.

maryberryslayers Wed 11-Sep-19 10:16:23

*You're

SummerHouse Wed 11-Sep-19 10:16:45

You are both happy, relaxed and well slept. Contentment is nothing to feel guilty about woman! You are doing a brilliant job all round.

BertieBotts Wed 11-Sep-19 10:21:31

Why would you feel guilty? confused

What would be not OK about this also?

sh13 Wed 11-Sep-19 10:50:37

@SummerHouse awwthank you !that’s very kind ☺️

sh13 Wed 11-Sep-19 10:58:13

It’s nice to finally catch up on some sleep, the cuddles are lovely too aren’t they. Though I’ve read there’s a sleep regression coming.

We do co sleep safely no pillows duvet etc.

@BertieBotts

I feel guilty as I’m not sure I’m doing the right thing letting him sleep in (ftm) and imagined people would thing I was lazy. Which is why I posted to ask...I know people have routines etc.

modgepodge Wed 11-Sep-19 11:00:12

I do this!!! Started around 7 weeks id say...unfortunately now at 5 months she wants to be up about 7.30...boo!!!

I wouldn’t care if people did think me lazy. Routines aren’t for everyone 🙂

AmIThough Wed 11-Sep-19 11:00:23

@sh13 we've just hit the regression and it's only changed to 1 get-up in the night, around 4am. I can handle that!
Fingers crossed it's the same for you.

sh13 Wed 11-Sep-19 20:18:27

@modgepodge Thanks that made me feel better 🙂 il make the most of it now I think , shame it hasn’t lasted longer for you ! x

@AmIThough
Ohhh that’s good! I could handle that too thanks il also cross my fingers X

Newyearsameoldshit Wed 11-Sep-19 20:33:15

It's great for both of you - baby is clearly happy and well fed and you get to catch up on some kip! Enjoy while it lasts and if anyone ever calls you lazy please tell them to do one.

sh13 Thu 12-Sep-19 19:59:25

@Newyearsameoldshit

😊 thank you, It is lovely I’d nearly forgotten what sleep felt like. Haha i will tell them to do one ! X

Hiphopopotamous Thu 12-Sep-19 20:55:29

You won't be able to do it for kid #2, my toddler is up at 7 - I miss those snoozy late mornings!

Bellsofstclements Thu 12-Sep-19 20:57:03

We did this for a while. It was lovely. But when we started going to groups/classes they were always in the morning and I found it a real struggle!

Still it was much much better than when he decided to wake up at 4.45am every day.

PuffHuffle5 Thu 12-Sep-19 21:03:59

Don’t feel guilty - that sounds so cosy and amazing and like you say it won’t last! Make the most of it and enjoy smile if my 16 month old happily slept until 10 on my days off there’s no way I would get out of bed grin

hormonesorDHbeingadick Fri 13-Sep-19 00:14:25

I’m very jealous. My 2 month old would happily do this but I have to get up at 7 to get DD1 ready for nursery.

thunderthighsohwoe Fri 13-Sep-19 21:50:58

Mine has NEVER done this and she’s nearly 10 months. Where did you get this delightful baby from??

sh13 Mon 16-Sep-19 20:56:35

thanks everyone definitely made me feel better. He hardly used to sleep so this is a nice change...for now 😄 Didn’t mean to make anyone jealous though lol! x

@Bellsofstclements 4;45 oh god I’ve had a few nights like that when he was tiny and that was not fun!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »