Talk

Advanced search

Book recommendations for 5yr old DD about where babies come from

(3 Posts)
sprite25 Tue 10-Sep-19 18:35:45

I've always tried to be Frank and honest with DD when she's asked questions, she knows the difference between boys and girls, knows physically where a baby comes out but the other day she asked how a baby is made (I'm expecting DC 3) and I told her mummies have tiny eggs in their tummies and daddies have tiny swimming things like tadpoles in their tummies and when they mix a baby is made (can you tell I wasn't quite prepared) anyway she said 'but how do they mix the eggs and tadpoles together?' and I didn't really know what to say. I don't want to leave her with questions unanswered but want to age appropriate too, would any books help her to understand that I can show her? I don't want to be too scientific and confusing for her but also don't want to go into sexual details iykwim

sleepismysuperpower1 Tue 10-Sep-19 18:52:52

try this one here.

Ricekrispie22 Wed 11-Sep-19 06:38:11

I recommend this one www.amazon.co.uk/Where-Willy-Went-Nicholas-Allan/dp/0099456486?tag=mumsnetforu03-21

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »