Talk

Advanced search

Best baby sleep aid

(12 Posts)
ibangedmyheadagain Tue 10-Sep-19 06:47:08

Really struggling with my babies sleep patterns. She’s 6 months old.

I was thinking of getting a baby sleep aid like an Ewan the dream sheep but had a few questions:

1) do they actually work?
2) which one is best?
3) can I find a cheap one or one second hand as I am broke?

Thanks 😊

Rosebud1302 Tue 10-Sep-19 06:54:50

I bought all of those singing music aids going but actually a free white noise app on an old phone I had worked wonders! Recommend trying that before spending lots of money but you can normally find those sort of sleep aids second hand quite easily smile

HappyDinosaur Tue 10-Sep-19 06:54:58

We've had Ewan since our dd was born and it still helps now at nearly 16 months. I don't know exactly but they were a bit cheaper on Amazon than elsewhere at the time.

theyvegotme Tue 10-Sep-19 06:58:17

Get a old analog radio. About £5-£10 or you or an older relative might have one lying around.

Turn it on but don't tune it to a station.

Bingo, white noise.

kmammamalto Tue 10-Sep-19 07:14:14

We loved ewan from day dot in our house. 3 yo still sleeps with him but has no batteries etc in anymore because he absolutely had to.go in the washing machine! I'll be getting on for next baby but all babies are different so what works for one never works for all!

lovemenorca Tue 10-Sep-19 07:15:52

Very much baby dependent
Just as with adults
What works for one like a dream may be useless for another

Yogurtcoveredricecake Tue 10-Sep-19 08:20:32

There's loads of baby sleep noises on Spotify and YouTube. We used to use an awful white noise "song" at about 3 months for a while.

BertieBotts Tue 10-Sep-19 09:32:20

We have used at various times:

Lidl Lupilu owl thing - he liked it but it didn't help him sleep
Baby Sleep app (purple swaddled baby icon) - worked well but requires a phone in the room. Helps for getting him to sleep. We don't leave it on all night though. I like the way it fades out rather than a sudden stop when you pause.
Nightlight with music/sounds - works well currently as a sleep cue.

2beautifulbabs Tue 10-Sep-19 10:17:15

I have Ewan the sheep and my DD loves him it does work for us the white noise she has the deluxe version so you can set it to come on when baby wakes etc really good

Unicorn234 Tue 10-Sep-19 18:04:08

We have ewan the sheep and my little boy loves it and definitely helps settle him to sleep. Only downside with ewan is it only lasts for 20 mins at a time but I think the deluxe one comes on when baby crys, silly me didn't buy the deluxe one 😂🙈
So I'm thinking of buying the Ollie the owl, it's on for 60 mins and if baby stirs or makes a noise it comes back on which I think is good 😊

thunderthighsohwoe Tue 10-Sep-19 20:24:17

I don’t fancy giving up my phone/tablet every night, so we use a MyHummy. Best thing I ever bought - controlled via Bluetooth app, fades out slowly, comes back on when baby stirs. She now knows that when it comes on it’s sleep time, and it helps her nap literally anywhere in the buggy and transitioned her to napping at nursery one day a week with no issues.

itseasybeingcheesy Tue 10-Sep-19 22:25:10

I saw one by munchkin on the shelves in home bargains earlier today, it was £9.99. I didn't buy it was was thinking about it, might give it a go for when baby starts sleeping in their own room in a few months.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »