Talk

Advanced search

Think tonight's gonna be 1 of those bad nights

(23 Posts)
LeeNat26 Mon 09-Sep-19 19:26:43

When you have that feeling it's gonna be 1 of them nights again with my DD & her colic. I've given her as much infacol as I can before each feed, & then she feeds & sicks up some of it. Then cries thinking she wants more feed. I've just managed to get her off to sleep on my chest & walked & bounced gently up & down. How long this will last I don't know but I'm on the verge of crying. sad

Notthebradybunch Mon 09-Sep-19 19:59:14

I feel for you OP, my children are adults/teenagers now but I remember well the colic days, cry if you have to, I did, but know it doesn't last forever, this too shall pass flowers

Notthebradybunch Mon 09-Sep-19 20:01:38

How old is your DD OP?

melissasummerfield Mon 09-Sep-19 20:03:26

I feel you OP , my middle son had chronic colic and silent reflux, I don't know how i survived it flowers

weekfour Mon 09-Sep-19 20:05:02

Will she fall asleep if you go for a drive? Just do what you have to.

LeeNat26 Mon 09-Sep-19 20:35:13

She's 2 weeks old but only just noticed all this starting properly yesterday, I BF & I've given her infacol which she hates as I know every baby does aha. I literally had to have her on my chest & rock & bounce her to sleep. I don't drive unfortunately my fiancé does.. but he's busy working a lot so it's hard! She's been settled & asleep so far, but I've had to take her off my chest to the bed on her back cos I'm worried she'll wake soon as I put her in the crib! 😭I'm crying I'm exhausted & just wanna do right by her

Notthebradybunch Mon 09-Sep-19 20:48:27

It will get better with time, I know how exhausting it can be, speak to your health visitor who might be able to give you some advice, good luck tonight, hope you get some sleep.

Melrose86 Mon 09-Sep-19 22:24:50

Oh I feel for you. My baby had colic too and would scream for hours. Went through a phase of screaming for hours in the middle of the night. I used to get so anxious late evening as I knew the hours of screaming were coming. But it does get better! Once we got to about 13 weeks the screaming stopped and he started sleeping through the night. We tried everything but it just seemed to get better on its own x

LeeNat26 Tue 10-Sep-19 00:07:23

She doesn't seem so bad atm, think I've probably caught it as early as poss! So every time she wants feeding I give her infacol & then feed her which most of the time she falls asleep during & then can be asleep for hours. Tonight's been a better night only cos I've been prepared with the infacol & she's been more settled! Just hate dreading a bad night! Maybe I'm just exaggerating though cos I get easily anxious about things. 😫

modgepodge Tue 10-Sep-19 10:19:18

How long has she been on the infacol? I think it takes a few days to build up in their system so hopefully it should start helping quite soon.

I know it’s not helpful right now but it does get better. I wrote a post when my daughter was a born 3 weeks old cos she was up all night and I just couldn’t see an end. By 6 weeks she’d sleep 4-5 hours at once and I was like a different woman. Hang in there xxx

Whattodo20192 Tue 10-Sep-19 11:52:33

OP, I also found I really had to be prepared and try to prevent ds from crying in the first place because once he started he just wouldn't stop. I had to watch out for any sign that he was getting edgy and guess what he was looking for.
Infacol didn't work for us, I found gripe water better. He's bottle fed so changed him to comfort formula and this was the thing that helped the most. He went from crying all day to just 3 hours in the evening.
I also learned that it wasn't worth the risk trying to put him down in his crib as he would wake again so I just held him for those few hours.
He's 3 months now and we are over it now.

Notthebradybunch Tue 10-Sep-19 18:33:43

Also you can get anti-colic bottles in most pharmacies and online at Amazon if you're bottle feeding, maybe give them a try.

LeeNat26 Wed 11-Sep-19 06:13:06

Someone help? My DD won't settle unless she's in my arms or car seat. Think she's got bad wind or something & she's had me up all night. I managed to settle her & tried after a while to pop her in the crib but she won't settle. I'm exhausted & not well & need to sleep!! I have no sling to have on me & she does sleep well when she's sat more in car seat. What shall i do?

Whattodo20192 Wed 11-Sep-19 06:20:37

You need some sleep. At that age, I wouldn't be comfortable falling asleep with her in my arms especially if you're over tired. Can your dp take over now to let you get some sleep before he goes to work?

Do you find the infacol has helped at all? Some say it hasn't helped and that included me.

LeeNat26 Wed 11-Sep-19 06:21:56

No he's not happy cos she was screaming early hours but if I put her in her crib she'll soon wake up after making noises & stretches. Idk can I stick her in the car seat?

Whattodo20192 Wed 11-Sep-19 06:28:47

It's really not recommended to let them sleep in the car seat and I try not to let my ds sleep in the car seat for long periods. But I've been through the colic stage and would have let him sleep any way that he was comfortable, you need some sleep before you start another day.

LeeNat26 Wed 11-Sep-19 06:30:21

What shall I do with her? Just stick her in her crib?

LeeNat26 Wed 11-Sep-19 06:51:04

She woke up crying in her crib so had to rock her back to sleep I'm crying Idk what to do

ew1990 Wed 11-Sep-19 06:54:09

can you try playing some white noise. That used to help DD sleep sometimes

Whattodo20192 Wed 11-Sep-19 10:30:11

OP did you get some rest? Is there anyone that can help you today to give you some time to rest?
My ds used to be like that also, I couldn't put him down in the crib or he would wake and I'd have to start the 're settling again. Luckily after we changed his formula the crying reduced from all day to about 3 hours every evening so when he settled I just kept him in my arms.
Is you dd constipated?

modgepodge Wed 11-Sep-19 10:58:01

If you think it’s wind perhaps try calling your health visitor for some advice today?

Have you considered safe cosleeping? I was completely against it until I nearly fell asleep with her on me on the sofa, when I decided it was safer to have her in bed with me than accidentally fall asleep unsafely. Lots of people find it helps babies settle.

HB2019 Wed 11-Sep-19 11:51:39

2 week old babies do only want to be on you. It sounds normal. Read over the 4th trimester, ask friends and family for help and take it in turns to hold her and rest. Offer the boob constantly, is she trying to cluster feed? Is it Purple crying? Swaddling in a dark room, white noise, you don't need a fancy sheep for it, just YouTube video on your phone. Have you tried feeding her in bed, lay on your side.
It's really hard to get the time to rest especially as your breastfeeding, it doesn't last forever though, it'll get easier.

Notthebradybunch Fri 13-Sep-19 20:40:28

White noise helped my DD, used to put the moses basket in front of the washing machine and basically broke the hoover it was on so much but the noise helped her sleep

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »