Talk

Advanced search

Teenagers - I’m desperate for help!

(5 Posts)
Twinmumindistress Thu 05-Sep-19 21:01:02

I have teenage boys - twins!
One has been extremely disrespectful and so I banned his phone. He basically wrecked my lounge and my bedroom in anger. He would not speak to me just scream and call me a load of bad names. Next thing I know his brother told me he had gone out of his window and was sitting above the kitchen on the flat roof. He was hanging off the edge and telling me to f* off every time I went near him. He then stood on my outhouse roof which is extremely unsafe. His dad whom I am divorced from came round after an hour to try and coax him in, even giving his phone back and he still refused. Eventually after 2 hours we had no choice but to call the police. Who I must say were brilliant, they were extremely helpful, he came inside and listened while they spoke to him. Once gone the attitude started again. We eventually sorted things out and went to bed about 2am! I was up at 6am for work!
So I naively thought his behaviour would change. He text me after school while I was at work to say he was going to the park even though I said no and that he would not be home until his friends went home. I’ve had a load of abuse and lack of respect since he’s got home and I don’t know what to do. I suggested to his dad that he stays with him for a while but his dad won’t step up to help... anyone been in a similar situation? I can’t stop crying.

willitbe Fri 06-Sep-19 11:55:47

Have you read the book: "Get out of my life... but first take me and Alex into Town" by Tony Wolf and Suzanne Franks. ?

Twinmumindistress Fri 06-Sep-19 14:22:42

No I haven’t. Is it a good read?

leckford Fri 06-Sep-19 14:30:21

Drug use?

Twinmumindistress Tue 10-Sep-19 21:19:42

No I don’t think so... I think he’s pushing boundaries, he really doesn’t care what I think. I think his girlfriend is a HUGE influence and also the boys he’s hanging around with.... I can’t really lock him up as he’s as big as me. I just don’t know what else I can do....

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »