Talk

Advanced search

When did you first take your first baby abroad?

(82 Posts)
Lauraloop1516 Sun 11-Aug-19 13:35:05

Just that really - I'm pregnant just now and me and dh keep reminiscing about a lovely holiday we had in France a few years ago where we essentially lived on baguette and cheese. Baby due in January - when do you think they would be most suited to a week in France? We were thinking of going maybe September or October.

SAHM2019 Fri 16-Aug-19 00:02:25

5 months. She was breastfed, it was easy to just plug her in and she slept in pram next to us when we ate out evenings. Much easier than going when they are older and in sleep routine. As once they go to bed at a certain time, you are restricted to when you need to go home to bed. That's been my experience going with our toddlers anyway.

jadeyfly Fri 16-Aug-19 06:06:59

5 weeks, we got her passport sent off as soon as she was registered. My parents live abroad so wanted to go out to then asap.

ShanghaiDiva Fri 16-Aug-19 06:12:06

12 weeks - agree with pp, much easier when they are not mobile!

ivykaty44 Fri 16-Aug-19 06:35:18

6 months and went caravaning in France 🇫🇷 touring with van & baby

Yogagirl123 Fri 16-Aug-19 06:37:50

Ours were 6 & 4 years. 😂

MirrorHope Fri 16-Aug-19 07:12:08

14 weeks South of France - flew. It was probably all ok but I remember the planning was stressful as I had to bottle feed. Still waking at night a lot so I was tired during the day.

Also we were in hospital for two weeks after she was born as she had severe respiratory issues - looking back seems mad we flew so soon.

ZenNudist Fri 16-Aug-19 07:23:32

5 months for ds1 (bologna city break) and again at 9m and 1y. Agree that babies are very portable.

I cant remember when we first took ds2 on holiday but he was probably 4mo.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »