Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

OMG! Found DS drinking water out of the loo today!

(3 Posts)
oneplusone Thu 02-Aug-07 19:01:15

I had left him in the bathroom for 2 seconds, I never normally leave him in there alone at all as it's not child proofed, but I today I literally turned my back for a second and I came back to find him with a plastic cup in his hand, scooping up water from the loo and drinking it

I don't think that much actually went down his throat, but I was just struck dumb for a moment, and had no idea what to do.

He seemed fine at bedtime, the loo didn't have anything in it IYKWIM (sorry TMI) but I am still in shock at finding him doing that! He has a fascination with the loo at the moment and keeps throwing things into it, but to actually be drinking from it, eeeek.

I never usually leave any keep within his reach either but the cleaner came today and must have left them on a low shelf.

PenelopePitstops Thu 02-Aug-07 19:08:28

its not that bad, it is only water afterall! he will be fine dont worry!

IsabelWatchingItRainInMacondo Thu 02-Aug-07 19:14:03

I don't know how old your child is but, I remember someone posting some statistics here a while ago mentioning about ways children have drowned on their on houses. The buckets and toilet were, unfortunately, in the list with a small but significative number of children killed that way (even 3 years old which I found quite shocking). So, if he is a toddlet keep an eye on him or get a lock for the lid.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: