Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

******A reminder never to leave your baby/child unattended in the bath.........

(13 Posts)
TheQueenOfQuotes Sat 28-Jul-07 22:49:07

even if they're in a 'secure' baby seat. This evening when DH was giving the DS's a bath DS3 (just 9 weeks old) managed to "propell" (only word for it really!) himself out of one of these bath seats and end up completely submerged under the water. Thankfully DH was right there and pulled him straight out no more "damage" than a very screamy baby (and an even more shaken DH) - but it happened so fast (one second he was securely in the seat the next in the water -) if he ^hadn't been there it could have been so much worse.

Beauregard Sat 28-Jul-07 22:50:54

How scarey!

VeniVidiVickiQV Sat 28-Jul-07 22:50:55

oh how frightening!

I never used one of those I have to say. I didnt feel happy enough about them and filled up a baby bath for a few months until they outgrew it.

TheQueenOfQuotes Sat 28-Jul-07 22:55:49

I was in the kitchen (next door) when it happened (thank gawd - I think I'd have freaked out if I'd seen him go under tbh) but didn't realise quite how shaken up poor DH was until I practically had to prise (sp) DS3 out of his arms (DS3 was asleep) so that he could go out to the neighbours for a drink (he just kept holding him tightly saying "I don't want to leave him after that happened")

RGPargy Sat 28-Jul-07 22:58:15

Scarey stuff!!!

Tommy Sat 28-Jul-07 22:59:56

they're very slippery aren't they?

at least all is well QoQ

madmumof5 Sat 28-Jul-07 23:01:21

ahh bless hope he is ok..

whomovedmychocolate Sat 28-Jul-07 23:03:25

How awful - DD stood up and promptly fell over, for the first time in the bath the other day and I pulled her straight out of course but even when you right next to them they still just jump sometimes!

I had a tummy tub when DD was littler it was much safer and better.

Hope he is okay.

TheQueenOfQuotes Sat 28-Jul-07 23:13:29

He seems fine - was completely hysterical when it first happened (naturally) but had some milk and slept from 7-8 woke up for about 10 minutes and went back to sleep..........and still is (though not sure for how much longer).

Looks like DH could have a long night ahead of him when he gets back as he does the "night shift" (until 4am) then I take over and DS3 usually only has one "long" period of sleep usually from 9/10 untl 2/3.....and it looks like he's having it earlier.

edam Sat 28-Jul-07 23:23:15

eek. So glad ds3 is OK, hope dh and you have stopped shaking now!

DaisyMOO Sun 29-Jul-07 10:48:43

I nearly drowned dd in one of those baby bath seats when she was about the same age. I was in the bath with her and turned round to wash my hair under the shower attachment. The bath was filling up as I was washing it and when I turned round the water level had risen so much that it was just covering her chin

Glad your ds is OK.

TheQueenOfQuotes Sun 29-Jul-07 13:35:11

DH and I have stopped shaking now - and are now instead in shock that he slept from 7pm until 2.30am with only a short (10 minute for cuddle) wake-up at 8pm!!

Highlander Sun 29-Jul-07 14:52:25

that's interesting QoQ - DS2 had one of these bath seats and we had to watch him like a hawk. Although it was nice for him to easily dangle his arms in the bath, it was really easy for him to twist to the side and fall out.

Designed my midwives - course it's crap

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now