Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook

Find out more

So furious with my husband...

(21 Posts)
lady007pink Thu 26-Jul-07 19:01:32

Okay I'm just letting off steam here - that's what Mumsnet is for, isn't it? I mean, I can't really vent my fury elsewhere right now.
My husband came home from work, was eating his dinner when I escaped to the sitting room with a cup of coffee, and left DD2 there with him playing with her toys. I go back to kitchen 10 mins later to see him feeding her yoghurt. Then I realise it's not Petits Filous or Danones, but bloody out of date Danoninos (for older children) I hadn't realised were still in the fridge! I'd thrown out the rest but musn't have seen those. He must have really digged into the fridge to find those, despite the fact the baby Danones were looking right at him on the top shelf!!!
I got upset, but he told me they shouldn't have been in the fridge if they were out of date. They would have been thrown out had I seen them. But the date was clearly written on the lid! As it is, DD is recovering from a nasty cold and I hope this doesn't set her back.
Are all men programmed to do things the wrong way. Oh, I'm fuming.....

DoubleBluff Thu 26-Jul-07 19:07:54

Is my DH at your house?
Wondered where he had got to. Send hhim back!

lady007pink Thu 26-Jul-07 19:10:17

DoubleBluff Thu 26-Jul-07 19:11:31

DH gave DS2 an iced donut for breakfast today, cos 'thats what he asked for?'
Of course he would ask for it, you don't have to give it him!!Thud.

Fireflyfairy2 Thu 26-Jul-07 19:12:43

Slightly OTT to be fuming I think.....

BreeVanDerCampLGJ Thu 26-Jul-07 19:13:59

If her stomach does not like it, she will puke it back. QED.

She had a nasty cold not pluerisy, cut the poor man some slack.

whomovedmychocolate Thu 26-Jul-07 19:14:23

Yoghurt is mouldy milk - just how much worse do you think it's going to be if out of date?

LeafTurner Thu 26-Jul-07 19:14:42

Men CANNOT see - Mine will stand looking into the fridge staring at the thing he wants - asking me if we have got any of it !! They cannot see what is in front of their faces !

However - mine is manic about sell by dtaes - ridiculously so - in fact he won't eat things on the actual day they go out of date !!!

Hope dd is OK ! I once made mine sick by giving her an out of date Petit Filous !

iota Thu 26-Jul-07 19:15:36

we eat it out of date all the time here - as long as it's not growing green mould it's fine IMHO

SoupDragon Thu 26-Jul-07 19:17:28

You are jointly to blame because you failed to throw them out with the others when you knew there were out of date yoghurts. Just how out of date were they anyway? Some people don't think to check the date.

tissy Thu 26-Jul-07 19:18:12

not the worst crime in the world, it will do her no harm at all.

Go back and apologise for over-reacting

lady007pink Thu 26-Jul-07 19:20:59

FFF2, well, I've calmed down now. I suppose what I was feeling was more irritation than fuming.....
He said he tasted them and seemed alright.
BVDC, I suppose that's the worst that will happen to her. She's only 8 months old and I just wish he was more careful about what he put in her mouth.

edam Thu 26-Jul-07 19:21:34

I think your OP proves that there are precious second-borns as well as PFBs. If they don't suit her, she'll be sick and it won't cause any serious harm.

lady007pink Thu 26-Jul-07 19:24:53

Edam, she's like a PFB because there's a 5 year gap between her and DD1 - so it was like starting again.

annoyingdevil Fri 27-Jul-07 10:57:38

DH gave my 10 mth old ds crunchy nut cornflakes (despite dd having a peanut allergy) don't they just drive you mad.

MaloryTheExciterTowers Fri 27-Jul-07 10:58:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

canarygirl Fri 27-Jul-07 21:19:29

My DH gave my 10 month old a foxglove to play with - he denied knowing they are poisonous ( how can you reach 37 years and not know that????). i was absolutely fuming. An out of date yoghurt doesn't seem so bad!

edam Fri 27-Jul-07 21:25:16

eek lady007, if we ever get round to no. 2 we'll have at least the same age gap. Bugger, you mean I have to go through all that PFB stuff again?

lady007pink Fri 27-Jul-07 22:10:11

They were 3 weeks out of date! Anyway, she developed a high temperature this evening, so I took her to the doctor. Doctor cheched DD2 out and said her abdomen was fine, and as she didn't vomit or have diarrhoea, she's okay from that point of view. But she checked out her chest and ears and found she has an ear infection, so back to the antibiotics again! I've forgiven poor DH.
Tissy, I didn't shout at him or anything like that, just told him what he did was wrong and walked off. Having Mumsnet probably saved him from getting a real ticking off.
Edam, DH says I'm worse with DD2 than I was with DS and DD1!

macmama73 Fri 27-Jul-07 22:17:59

lol, I am glad I am not the only one with a DH who does stuff like that.

My DH gave our daughter a Nutella sandwich recently. She has a nut allergy and was up all night scratching. He forgot.

Hope your DD is better soon

lady007pink Sat 28-Jul-07 13:17:19

Annoyingdevil, canarygirl and macmama, it seems the best daddies just do the silliest of things. I wonder is it because mothers educate their daughters on caring for babies/young children, and forget that their sons need to know these things too?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now