Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

need inspiration....things to do with a 12month old in the rain!!

(7 Posts)
llynnnn Thu 26-Jul-07 10:15:17

We all have the week off work to spend together next week, but what are we going to do if its rainging (which is very likely!! )
There a million and one things to do if its nice weather, but what about indoors, with a very limited budget?
She is not walking yet, but crawls everywhere! I dont mind getting a bit wet but not all day!! and she gets bored quite easily! we dont really have a lot of little friends to visit etc
what do you/did you do with yours indoors? are there any ideas for diff things in the house, other than her 'normal' toys iykwim!!

Leati Thu 26-Jul-07 10:31:12

Pots and Pans and spoons. They love it.

katylou25 Thu 26-Jul-07 11:31:14

Bowl of water on kitchen floor, lots of plastic containers, sieves etc - they love it - just be prepared for you, her and everything else to get wet!

Make a "tent" out of sheets and take in toys - my two boys (2.8 and 11 months love this game, and will quite happily stay under there for hours!!)

Painting, playdough, rice crispy cakes ....

Is there a big pet shop near you - my two love to go and look at the fish, birds etc, and its FREE!

Ummm that's all I can come up with for now ...

llynnnn Thu 26-Jul-07 11:59:30

thanks Katy & Leati, great ideas!
I guess I still think of her as a tiny baby and that she's too young for water/messy play etc!!
Anymore anyone?

Chattyhan Thu 26-Jul-07 12:02:07

for messy play you could give her a bowl of jelly or cooked pasta to play with that way it doesn't matter if she eats it!

DS loves playing under the dining table!

Colour wonder mess free pens and paper are good if you're a bit mess phobic!

Weegle Thu 26-Jul-07 13:43:12

Hand painting - my DS loves that. And then clean up by putting in the middle of the kitchen floor with the washing up bowl with lots of things in it (as well as water too).

Local leisure centre has soft play 3 half days a week which is a good one.

Swimming.

Library does story time.

Playing on our big double bed with the duvets and pillows.

Local garden centre to see pets corner.

Meet friends/DH for lunch. Have other babes the same age over to play.

Supermarket shopping (DS loves the trolley!).

There you go - that's everything I can think of that we do in the rain! But I also quite often put him in his all in one waterproof and let him out in the garden in the rain which he adores!

llynnnn Fri 27-Jul-07 09:23:40

thanks for all the ideas, last night dd made herself a little den! she climbed underneath her highchair with a couple of toys and sat there as happy as larry for ages! bless! think we might be doing that allllll next week!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now