Talk

Advanced search

please help, i don't know what is wrong with my little boy!!!!

(10 Posts)
Amanda01 Tue 24-Jul-07 13:56:18

my little boy daniel is generally happy, healthy, quite normal!! we've been potty training for a week or so, in 'big boy pants' in the day, he's doing great!!!

we had a BAD night last night!! he woke up at about 4am whimpering & crying. he had a fever again, so i gave him some medicine & spent a good hour trying to comfort him!! one thing he said was he had a poorly back, bit odd!! i asked him again this morning & he said he had a poorly bum last night. Hmm.

anyway, we got up as usual, all going ok, then i said 'lets go to the potty' & he got upset ... no mummy no mummy. i got him to sit on it & he did a wee, he did a trump & i think he needed a poo, but he seemed in pain & got up saying 'daniel's gone away' & ran off.

since then, he's been acting like he's in pain, exactly like i would if i was constipated, not REALLY bad, but its noticable!! because he was up so early he got really tired & started freaking out before lunch, so i put him to bed ... he was REALLY crying bless him!!

i keep trying to get him to tell me what's wrong with him, but he won't!!!

has anyone ever seen anything like this?? i have no idea!!! help!!

xXx

mumfor1standfinaltime Tue 24-Jul-07 14:00:48

Is he worrying about doing a poo in his potty? Maybe he 'needs to go' that's why he has pains?

magsi Tue 24-Jul-07 15:41:11

Perhaps you could just put a nappy back on just in case he is scared of doing a poo and is holding it in. It must be painful poor little chap!. My kids sometimes have funny little 24hr fevers which never amount to anything. Perhaps it was a mixture of this and being scared to poo. Try lying him on his back and gently rubbing his lower tummy round in a circular motion, might encourage things. Good luck

hellish Tue 24-Jul-07 15:44:01

could be he's holding in his poo. My dd1 would only poo in her nappy for months, I put it on for the poo and took it off afterwards. Seemed odd at the time but after a while she just stopped needing it and used the potty/ loo.

Desiderata Tue 24-Jul-07 15:44:25

Yes, I agree with the other posts. I'm currently toilet-training my ds (2.8). He's fine in the day, but every time he wants a pooh I have to put a nappy on. For some reason, he's reluctant to pooh in either his potty or the toilet.

When was the last time he did a pooh?

Furball Tue 24-Jul-07 15:49:12

I found a potty to much of a crouch for my ds and he was much happier on a potty chair

meemar Tue 24-Jul-07 15:52:52

Hi Amanda

Some children are really worried about not pooing in their nappy - my DS1 was completely dry in a week but took about a month before he would poo in a potty or toilet.
I agree with other posters. Let him poo in his nappy for now if it makes him feel better. Give it another try in a week or so and see how it goes.

Good luck x

fairyjay Tue 24-Jul-07 15:55:07

My ds used to wait to poo in his night-time nappy for months after he was dry in the day.

MoosMa Tue 24-Jul-07 16:01:27

My DD often says she has an ow back when she needs to poo especially if she's a bit constipated. Has it been a long time since he pooed?

Amanda01 Tue 24-Jul-07 16:12:13

thanks for all the responses!!!

i paniced & took him to the doctors, he woke up & freaked out again, crying hysterically!! i gave him calpol & ibuprofen, by the time we got to the doctors he was fine!!!!!! he got a full check over, the only thing wrong was a bit of a swollen throat & a temperature!!

as for the potty, he had a poo on their yesterday, no problem at all. i might get one of those potty chairs, they look really good!!

i guess i just have to keep dosing him up if the fever comes back & he gets upset again.

when he got back he ate a can & a half of tinned pears, if that doesn't get him to poo i don't know what will!!!!! i've put his nappy back on anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now