Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What can I do with dd?

(4 Posts)
PinkPotterWeasleys Fri 20-Jul-07 22:30:29

I'm a SAHM with dd (8mo) and I want to make sure I'm doing the right things! We go to mums and tots and see other people with babies a couple of times a week usually. We go out for a walk most days, read books, play with toys.
The difficult bit is that I usually get to about 4 o'clock and she gets grumpy and clingy and I think "aargh, now what!" and the rain isn't helping because we couldn't even go out and feed the fish today!
Any suggestions? TIA

WinkyWinkola Fri 20-Jul-07 23:22:34

The afternoons can be very long. Come 4pm are you not due for a bit of a break? Baby Einstein DVDs can be great for twenty minutes or so. Or a short nap? I don't know what time she goes to bed but perhaps she's tired? Or you could hold her and do some dusting/ cleaning explaining to her what you're doing? Or pop to the shops for some air.. .. .. . trying to remember what I did with DS. Sorry. Not much help.

PinkPotterWeasleys Fri 20-Jul-07 23:29:42

Thanks Winky. She usually has a sleep in the morning and afternoon but she didn't sleep for long today so it was even more difficult than usual! I wanted to plonk her in the pram but it was pouring with rain!

Seona1973 Sat 21-Jul-07 10:34:52

Could she be starting to get hungry? What about a small snack or a drink just to keep her going till dinner time

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now