Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I am getting worried about my 21 month old daughter

(16 Posts)
ELF1981 Wed 18-Jul-07 21:57:26

The other day she had a scratch on her leg which I could not account for.
I thought maybe her finger nails were too long so I cut them realy short.
At home today I noticed she had a scratch on her arm which I also cannot account for.
She is only really ever with me, DH and the childminder, and I dont think anybody is doing anything untoward to her, but how can I find out where these marks are appearing from? Shes obviously too young at the moment to tell me.

mummytosteven Wed 18-Jul-07 21:58:10

any other kids at the cms?

meandmy Wed 18-Jul-07 21:59:39

i reagulary catch my dd 13mo with my nails even more so when they are trimmed short, try not to worry unless they bothering her as it coukd upset her otherwise.

ELF1981 Wed 18-Jul-07 21:59:48

Yes. Historically there has been one girl who has "picked" on her, often hits her etc, but I had thought it had all died down.

ELF1981 Wed 18-Jul-07 22:00:37

The thing is, if any adult had caught her with nails accidently when I would have thought they would have told me?

ELF1981 Wed 18-Jul-07 22:07:04

How can I tactfully ask if other carers know if anything have happened, without it sounding accusing (which is what I do not want to sound!)

meandmy Wed 18-Jul-07 22:08:50

sometimes i dont realise till afterwards,
could you say iv noticed she has cpl scratches could you keep an eye on her?

Biglips Wed 18-Jul-07 22:11:23

there are times when ive not realised ive scratched my DD who is with me 24/7 and i think "Oops!...that must've of been me!" So i do apologise to her. (she is 2.9yrs old)

ELF1981 Wed 18-Jul-07 22:15:51

I know it could just be her being clumsy, but they are big scratches as well, not just little marks.

myjobismum Wed 18-Jul-07 22:24:19

dont worry too much - my DS is just coming up to 21months and seems to be one great big bruise at the mo! he has a black eye this week (nice scabby cut included!)as a result of falling off a sweet tin he stood on to look in the fish tank and landing face first on corner of coffee table - happened so quick i had no time to intervene! and fell over in the garden today and took half the skin off his knee! i dont worry about this generally as he is with me as good as 24/7 and is very happy and rough and tumble lad (bit adventurous for his own good really) but when bathing him, i do sometimes worry what would happen if he needed to go to A&E for some reason, and they would take one look at the state of him and take him away!

ELF1981 Wed 18-Jul-07 22:27:47

Hi MJIM - you okay

I dont worry so much that she is getting marked, just that I cannot explain then, nor does anybody else?

myjobismum Wed 18-Jul-07 22:38:00

yeah im fine ta elf - you? actually feeling pretty great as we near the end of potty training

just keep an eye on her and check it doesnt become a regular thing - you could ask the CM just to watch out for it for you, she wont mind i'm sure!

ELF1981 Wed 18-Jul-07 22:40:11

thats great MJIM! We are just starting potty training - she did a big wee today on the potty, it's a start!

myjobismum Wed 18-Jul-07 22:51:13

oh well done with the wee on potty!!! start as you mean to go on!! DS has done so well and i am so proud of him - can stop worry about circumcision now!!! [phew! wipes sweat beaded brow!] hasnt had an accident in 10days!

ELF1981 Wed 18-Jul-07 22:53:15

bless

I think Evelyn only did so well because she wanted a bit of chocolate, lol

I will catch up with you on later on the Oct thread, off to watch a Sex and the City re-run

myjobismum Wed 18-Jul-07 22:56:14

ok have fun!!! {whispers....... was good at bribing DS with the choclate too!!!!}

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now