Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

coil advice please!!!!!!!

(4 Posts)
manuka Mon 16-Jul-07 14:08:47

I had the copper coil fitted in January. I am TERRIFIED of getting pregnant. If it was going to fail would that have happened by now or is it possible to get pregnant a while after having it fitted?
I've just experienced a weird spotting and on the conception topic someone was describing implantation bleeding and it sounded like what I've just had!

PetitFilou1 Mon 16-Jul-07 16:03:15

Manuka It is HIGHLY unlikely and spotting on the coil does happen (the GP should have given you a leaflet that mentions this) I have a copper coil and keep wishing it would fail but it doesn't

manuka Mon 16-Jul-07 21:11:39

How long have you had yours? Did it seem to affect your hormones? I have developed awful pmt since having this bloody thing and I'm having trouble losing weight too.
I can't believe you want it to fail!! Thats my WORST nightnare!

theabear Mon 16-Jul-07 21:21:55

I had a copper coil fitted a couple of years ago but ended up having to have the bloody thing taken out after only a couple of months as my periods became unbearably painful. I was also spotting continuously ever since it was fitted. Would never have another one!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now