Talk

Advanced search

I am sat here cuddling my 5 month old baby...so why the heck am I broody???

(32 Posts)
sleepycat Mon 16-Jul-07 11:51:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lillypie Mon 16-Jul-07 11:55:00

Me too,my baby is only is only 4 months and I'm sooo envious of my friend who's recently discovered that she's pregnant.

sleepycat Mon 16-Jul-07 11:57:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Liska Mon 16-Jul-07 12:14:16

Me too. My dd is 4 months of cuddly gorgeous babiness. But I have just seen pics of a friend's brand new nephew, and those hormones started raging...

NAB3 Mon 16-Jul-07 12:14:49

It is because you have such a lovely baby that you want another one!!!! Have one.

suezee Mon 16-Jul-07 12:17:08

ur all missing the pregnant feeling i think..my sil had a lil boy the other day and i was broody until my ds had a big screaming tantrum because i held the new baby..........put me right off

kateeliz Mon 16-Jul-07 19:16:01

I was feeling the same with my 3 month old, until i realised I had done something silly and could be pregnant again.....now that feeling is replaced by the reality of 3 kids under 3, morning sickness, childbirth....not so cool.

Guitargirl Mon 16-Jul-07 20:23:23

Ooooo, me too! DD is 6 months and am already broody again. My body (and bank balance - def can't afford another maternity leave straight away) is advising me to wait a while though. Doesn't stop me from feeling a bit of pregnant women. Mad I know...

Rantmum Mon 16-Jul-07 20:31:42

It must be hormonal!

I remember when ds was about 4 mths old, a mother at the m&b group that I went to said, whilst holding her 4 mth old "I really want a baby, again". I had to really hold my tongue to keep from blurting out "What's wrong with the one you've got?".

Must say I never had that "I need another one" feeling when ds was really small - he was more than enough baby! But I am definitely getting broody again now that he is heading towards 3!!

MoosMa Mon 16-Jul-07 20:39:19

Me too, DD2 is 5 months and I've been reading too many threads about giving birth and bf-ing (I failed to BF both of mine) and it's made me really want another go. Perhaps I should go and read some about morning sickness, crying newborns etc etc...

largeginandtonic Mon 16-Jul-07 21:21:06

I too am broody, my ds is 7 weeks!!!! Normally i take till they are at least walking before being broody! Must be hormone surge, luckily DH is away at sea so i cant act on it

Naartjie Mon 16-Jul-07 22:42:28

Oh yes, it's definitely hormonal! I mean, it's not logical, is it? :p

That is cool that you're enjoying being a mother so much though. I did not feel like that. And still don't.

pabamella Mon 16-Jul-07 22:45:06

Because your hormonal, be careful or you may end up being pregnant in a few months like i was (a new born and 16 month old isnt very fun for the first year or so ... )

yelnats Mon 16-Jul-07 22:47:03

I always feel at pregnant women. Not really sure why as I have had spd in both pregnancies. I think its the delivery that makes us all want to do it again! dd1 is 3.3 and dd2 is 5 months. I would love another but not really sure if we could ever afford another though dp is determined we are not finished yet. Oh feeling broody now!

sazzybee Mon 16-Jul-07 22:47:21

My baby is 4 months old and I'm really broody. I want a tiny one who is all new and curled up. I sort of feel like this one doesn't need me so much any more - he can play with his toys happily on his own. Ridiculous isn't it?

sweetkitty Mon 16-Jul-07 22:50:13

I wanted another one when DD1 was weeks old (this was from being the most unbroody woman in the world), theres 18 months between DD1 and DD2 and I'm pregnant again. I am just hoping that all feelings of broodiness leave me after DB3 is born.

MrsSpoon Mon 16-Jul-07 22:51:46

I was extremely broody when DS2 was 5 months old and if DH had agreed I would definitely have tried for another at that time. How DS2 is 5 years old and it doesn't look like DH will ever come round to the idea of number 3.

puffylovett Mon 16-Jul-07 22:52:20

my sis is preg and I can't wait to hold a newborn again, and mines only 4 months also - v worrying ! Other half consuequently refusing me sex

lilolilmanchester Mon 16-Jul-07 23:03:58

no, you're not mad. You're the mother of a lovely cuddly 5 month old who can't walk, can't answer back, doesn't make a mess (apart from in a nappy!) and "eats" everything they're given!!! Enjoy!

Biglips Mon 16-Jul-07 23:06:12

hee hee!.... i stopped being broody when DD was 8 months old!! Dunno why but think its cos i missed the exciting thing that was happening in my life and was so excited for my baby to arrive (didnt know the sex either as it was a surprise).

Now DD is nearly 3 (oct) im sssooooo broody!!!

MKG Mon 16-Jul-07 23:54:43

I wanted another when I was in the hospital with ds2 (currently 8 weeks) I've been dreaming of having another lately. I would get pregnant right away if dh would let me.

elkiedee Tue 17-Jul-07 23:58:22

Glad it's not just me, with my baby born in May this year! I do plan to try again and need to do it fairly soon as I'm quite old already, but not until I return to work next year, as I will need to be there for at least 6 months again.

Sakura Wed 18-Jul-07 00:50:52

lol at yelnats! YEs, its def the delivery phase that I miss...
I know what you mean, sleepycat. But then as time goes on and she reached 6 months and started hitting more milestones, I realised that maybe I should wait and maybe she needs me more than I realised.
I don`t know why we feel like this, but I def do. I didn`t feel as broody before having the baby!!! I think when they hit 18 months, we`ll be glad that we waited a bit longer, I think.

PregnantGrrrl Wed 18-Jul-07 07:53:30

i felt exactly the same- and got pregnant again when DS was 6mths

must need my head testing

Katy44 Wed 18-Jul-07 07:56:40

Hey elkie
We do have similar plans
Think I'll have to wait a bit longer than 6 months though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now