Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Night time nappy trouble - any advice?

(10 Posts)
DollyPopsOut Mon 16-Jul-07 11:03:56

Hello

Am at the end of my tether a bit. DD1 is 2.3 and will NOT keep a nappy on at night. I put her to bed about 7 and she plays in her cot until DH gets home (about 8.30). Usually in this time she takes her nappy off after weeing in it and I can put another one on to last her the night.

Sometimes she takes the new nappy off after doing another wee in the night. If she wees again, then we have a problem with changing sheets etc at night and her not wanting to go back to sleep. I have checked she is in her nappy when I went to bed the last 2 nights but she has managed to get it off and wee in the bed over night both times. I am getting a bit frustrated.

Any suggestions? We have tried nice pants over the nappy, bribery with a new umbrella if she wore a nappy all night, new nightie, new bed (that was a coincidence though as DD2 needed her old cot!) but nothing works. I am not sure she is ready for potty training as she never tells me in the day when I ask if she has done a wee. I was hoping for some hot weather to run around with no knickers on so she could see the wee coming etc but no luck. That would not solve the night time problem anyway.

Any suggestions gratefully received. Thanks in advance.

MrsBadger Mon 16-Jul-07 11:07:44

bodysuit vest with poppers that she can't get off?

grobag?

DollyPopsOut Mon 16-Jul-07 11:11:01

Thanks Mrs B. She can get out of a swimming costume and unpop her sister's baby gro so I don't think that would work.

Can't do grobag as she'd get it off and might trip over in it as she runs around cotbed a lot.

Thanks for the reply though - much appreciated.

NAB3 Mon 16-Jul-07 11:12:10

Do you think she might be trying to tell you that she wants to wear pants at night and have a go at being dry? If not, tell her that is alternative. It is nappy or knickers.

DollyPopsOut Mon 16-Jul-07 19:07:50

Thanks NAB3. I will try and see if I can persuade her to keep them on. I thnk I will have to do trial and error as nothing seems to be working right now.

DollyPopsOut Mon 16-Jul-07 19:07:50

Thanks NAB3. I will try and see if I can persuade her to keep them on. I thnk I will have to do trial and error as nothing seems to be working right now.

WigWamBam Mon 16-Jul-07 19:12:57

A friend of mine taped her ds' nappy on with gaffer tape when he took his off overnight. A couple of times round the waistband, with the end at the back so he couldn't reach to pick it undone.

It worked ...

DollyPopsOut Tue 17-Jul-07 19:42:11

Thank you WWB i'll try anything! Sellotape hasn't worked but maybe something stronger will do the trick.

Thanks once again

DollyPopsOut Tue 17-Jul-07 19:42:12

Thank you WWB i'll try anything! Sellotape hasn't worked but maybe something stronger will do the trick.

Thanks once again

susiecutie Wed 05-Sep-07 22:00:51

I'm sure you have it all sorted now, but i put 'special night time pants' on my 2 and half year old niece. She used to take her nappy off, then i suggested the night time pull up pants. they did work. as she could pull them up and down. however she has started on the potty training by then...

though thinking about it, we started her potty training as she used to take her nappies off in the day. it was her way of telling us when she'd peed.... maybe this is the case for you too... ;)

hope you have it sorted by now

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: