Talk

Advanced search

HELP!!! BIRO SCRIBBLED ON LEATHER SOFA!!!

(20 Posts)
Lolabelle Sat 14-Jul-07 21:28:26

I have just bought a very expensive leather sofa after years of hand me downs and my dd who is 2 nearly 3 has found a biro and seriously drawn all over half of it - i have told her off until i am blue in the face and dealt with that although words fail me as i can't understand why she would do something she knows she will get shouted at for and subsequently punished however my main concern is how and what do i do to my lovely ruined sofa to salvage it at least a bit??!!! Any tips would be SO appreciated as i actually nearly cried!!

my dds have drawed on my leather sofa i always use a baby wipe to wipe it if this dont work try and use some washing up liquid im sure something will get it off
good luck

Lolabelle Sat 14-Jul-07 21:32:30

Tried soapy water and not a thing, in fact it looks worse!! God i can't believe i have only had it 9 weeks...

sparklygothkat Sat 14-Jul-07 21:32:32

hairspray and a cloth works very well, but do a test patch somewhere you can't see it, just in case its takes the colour out.

babyblue2 Sat 14-Jul-07 21:32:40

spray some hairspray on a cloth and rub carefully. It'd be better to try it on an area you can't see first to test whether there's any problem. Thats usually worked for me though.

babyblue2 Sat 14-Jul-07 21:33:04

oops cross posts.

sparklygothkat Sat 14-Jul-07 21:33:08

lol great minds babyblue

eandh Sat 14-Jul-07 21:33:19

I had a cream leather sofa and dd1 did this used hairspray and a very damp cloth takes a few goes but worked on ours

RubySlippers Sat 14-Jul-07 21:33:41

this is going to sound weird but Paul Mitchell freeze and shine spray gets biro off (spray on and and wipe off with a damp cloth)
i have a cream leather sofa that had black biro on
apparently regular hairspray works as well, but i have never tried it
if you do, try it on a place you can't see first

Hathor Sat 14-Jul-07 21:33:55

If you dont have hairspray what can you use instead?

eandh Sat 14-Jul-07 21:34:03

oops x post obviously hairspray thing has been used by others

RubySlippers Sat 14-Jul-07 21:34:09

lots of posts about hairspray - must be ok!

babyblue2 Sat 14-Jul-07 21:35:37

If you don't have hairspray hathor you go buy some, i don't know of any alternatives.

yaddayah Sat 14-Jul-07 21:36:44

if not hairspray, oil of olay (the original pink one) As recommended to me by the lovely lady at DFS when I phoned her in a panic after ds had done a similar thing

Hathor Sat 14-Jul-07 21:37:55

Ta

Lolabelle Sat 14-Jul-07 22:02:31

I have hairspray upstairs so i will try it on the back and will gladly try the oil of olay trick as need some moisturiser anyway!! Thank you all so so much - i will try this tomorrow first thing. I am so horrified that my dd has done this, she can be a pain etc etc but i was sure i had told her off enough in the past about only drawing on paper but she really went to town!! Told her off and she started biting herself to get sympathy, might need to start a behavioural thread on that one as self harming when being told off is becoming a regular thing...

Thanks and any other suggestions greatly appreciated as i will be going to the shops for the ooil of ulay and some more hairspray tomorrow!!

Lolabelle Sat 14-Jul-07 22:04:52

Damp cloth or dry cloth by the way??

sparklygothkat Sat 14-Jul-07 22:13:31

damp cloth

yaddayah Sun 15-Jul-07 13:14:52

oil of olay ..forgot to say its not instant ! You rub a tiny bit in every morning (it took my ds's scribble about a week to dissapear totally) Makes you wonder what the stuff is doing to your skin

smellymelly Sun 15-Jul-07 13:23:49

Wet wipes - I use them for everything, inc biro on our leather chairs!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now