Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What do I do with her hair?

(11 Posts)
Chirpygirl Thu 12-Jul-07 19:50:19

DD (17 months) has LOADS of hair and after cutting the fringe every couple of weeks I have decided I can't be arsed as I have to keep cutting for ever, so I need some way of keeping it off her face while it grows long enough to be dealt with BUT she pulls hairbands off and eats them (like a gag...that went down well in Sainsbury's) and rips out hairclips as soon as I put them in.

Any ideas or do I just give in and cut it?

MaloryJaneTowers Thu 12-Jul-07 19:52:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Kbear Thu 12-Jul-07 19:52:54

no don't cut it, I love long hair on little girls. Er, but I haven't actually got a solution for you.... helpful, I know

kittywits Thu 12-Jul-07 19:53:07

tricky one.... at that age( I have a dd that age too) I think it's easier to just cut it and then grow it when she is a bit older

MrsBadger Thu 12-Jul-07 19:53:20

part at side and sweep

will be logn enough to stay behind ear quicker than you think

Chirpygirl Thu 12-Jul-07 19:55:25

The bits at the side go behind her ear nicely but it is still at that godawful
'I am growing straight forwards, I am not going to grow to either side, no I am not, no matter how much you brush me'
stage.

MrsBadger Thu 12-Jul-07 19:57:28

give it three weeks

Chirpygirl Thu 12-Jul-07 19:57:49

I'm not cutting the back and sides, it hasn't been cut since she was born, shall add a pic on my profile so you can see her crowning glory!

jennifersofia Thu 12-Jul-07 19:59:56

Oh, please be grateful, my dd is 6 and has only had a handful of haircuts as she has almost no hair!
What about a bandanna?

Chirpygirl Thu 12-Jul-07 20:02:20

I tried a scarf and that got pulled down and eaten. Luckily she likes hats so when it's very windy I can keep it somewhat under control!

It just gets constantly covered in yoghurt as I give it to her in a cup so she can drink it once she is bored of the spoon!

rantinghousewife Thu 12-Jul-07 20:03:05

My dd had her first haircut at 4 1/2 months, she had so much of it, it was past her nose at the front. Gotta say I personally loathe hair clips on babes (different strokes for different folks tho'), I just got it cut regularly. That way it thickens up nicely too and no straggly bits.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now