Talk

Advanced search

DD at secondry school visit

(3 Posts)
lovelylamp Fri 06-Jul-07 18:25:12

My DD went on a visit to the secondry school she will be going to in September today, I can't believe it .

I am a little worried however that she will find it difficult to make friends, she is the only one from her class going to this school and she's not a great mixer at the best of times, can anyone remember their DC's first day at secondry? how did it go?

She seemed excited this morning, tail wagging and everything and she seemed happy this evening but I don't think these taster days give a fair view of what the school will be like. Am I worrying too much?

Blandmum Fri 06-Jul-07 18:29:55

yes

She will be fine. They all get worried and scared a little. All those hulking sixth formers were once titchy year 7s

She will get confused and lost, and by the first half term she will feel as if she has been there forever!

I was a form 7 tutor year before last. They do settle, honestly!

MaureenMLove Fri 06-Jul-07 18:31:07

I think you're worrying the same as everyone else. My dd goes up in September too and although she is going with 18 others from her school, I was awake half the night last night, worrying about it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now