Talk

Advanced search

I'm SO tired I just can't deal with today

(5 Posts)
Weegle Fri 06-Jul-07 11:54:16

warning - this is a moan, hope to feel better getting it off my chest.

I am shattered. I got 2 hours sleep last night because of pain (chronic problem) and DS woke several times with teething and I didn't get back off in between. I finally dropped off again but he woke 30 min later. He's been in a complete mood all morning (teeth and tiredness) and I had to go to docs for a really important appointment. My mum was supposed to have DS but she is in bed sick (she's staying with us so I should be caring for her too!). I ended up walking (agony) thinking he might sleep. He didn't so he screamed all the way through the appointment which is so not like him so I was a) worried and b) not able to concentrate on what I needed to and ended up crying which I'd promised myself I wouldn't do. He didn't sleep on the way home either where I got soaked. We then blinking bumped in to someone I sort of know and I just couldn't face the small talk and DS started throwing a tantrum so I looked like a complete incompetent twit because I couldn't lift him up because by this stage I was in so much pain (but this woman doesn't know this). Got home and he is finally asleep but I am DREADING him waking up. I just want to curl up in to a little ball and forget today. Some days are just too hard

Anyone else having a pants day and fancy a moan too?!

jackie2kids Fri 06-Jul-07 12:45:07

Oh god. Poor you. Can you have a snooze while he's asleep now?

Weegle Fri 06-Jul-07 13:06:55

thanks - he woke up as soon as I posted the message! I do feel sorry for him he's got 2 molars on their way so he is obviously in pain, ho di hum. Trying to be positive and cheerful with him in an attempt to jolly us both in to better moods

Sakura Fri 06-Jul-07 13:52:26

Just sending you mumsnet vibes. My DD (9 months) is sick today, and its been an hour of rocking her, then 5 minutes of sleep before she coughs herself awake again. Repeat. All day.
I like your writing style though. I laughed at `incompetent twit`. Thats a fabulous phrase, and I hope to use it in the future.

Weegle Fri 06-Jul-07 14:53:34

thanks Sakura - hope your DD is better soon. All has been rectified - we got some paints out, made a massive mess then fortunately the sun came out so he got to wash it off and dry in the garden! Sorry for being so grumpy earlier.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now