Talk

Advanced search

sleeping in own bed,temper tantrums and a pat on the back for stopping breast feeding!

(5 Posts)
jollyfolly Wed 04-Jul-07 16:01:46

couple of things.... apart from a brief three month period ds has always slept with me, am a single mum and it has just been easier that way up until now that he is refusing to go to bed until later and later and i really am beggining to resent him (in the nicest possible way) for not giving me any time to my self..... ever!!!!! He has a new bed but will not sleep in it despite choosing own bedding etc and during the day he thinks his bed is a fabulous toy!? ANYONE ELSE GOT ANY ADVICE ON GETTING HIM TO SLEEP EALIER AND IN HIS OWN BED??
Secondly, has just stopped breast feeding him after two years and two months no one in my family thinks that i should have fed him for so long and most of my friends are not interested (ie no kids) so no one has been able to sympathise or pat me on the back or even realise how big an event it has been for us...... not whinging really as we are both ready for it just dont want the moment to go un noticed by the whole world!

jollyfolly Wed 04-Jul-07 16:10:35

oh and problem three.... please reassure me a twenty minute temper tantrum is not totally abnormal and that just because ds hits and kicks does not mean he will grow up a bully!!!

snookie28 Wed 04-Jul-07 17:03:10

No advice on the bed thing as my dd is having the same issue transitioning from cosleeping to cot so will follow any replies with interest

Congratulations by the way for bf for so long esp with no supportive network. You must be feeling like it is the end of an era. My dd is only 9 months but everyone assumes that I will stop when she is 12 months. Am still undecided when to stop but don't think I'd be able to make it through to 2 years

Reallytired Wed 04-Jul-07 18:22:59

Get the "No Cry Sleep Solution" by Elizabeth Pantsey.

jollyfolly Wed 04-Jul-07 18:27:08

anyone got a no cry sleep solution they want to sell cheap..... am surviving on tight budget at the moment and new books are not a part of it although i guess i could try the library.
Ta snookie28!!! at 9 months i was not planning to feed until 2 yrs it kind of just happend.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now