Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook

Find out more

At the end of our tether with dd1(8)

(5 Posts)
Radley Tue 03-Jul-07 07:45:27

DH and I are literally at the end of our tether with dd1 (8)

Not only do we have to put up with her attitude, picking on her sister and refusing to tidy her room etc, we have just had to throw away ANOTHER pair of knickers. We have had this struggle now for over 12 months and have tried everything we can think of to no avail. DD1 WILL NOT wipe her bum after she has been to the toilet, hence, staining and ruining all her knickers.

Does anyone have any pearls of wisdom?

TrinityRhino Tue 03-Jul-07 07:48:37

no pearla of wisdom
dd1 (7) still has a problme with this
but it is getting better
do you have wet wipes for her bum?
are you reminding her?

TrinityRhino Tue 03-Jul-07 07:50:17

oh and something that helped dd
she was having trouble wiping fully and I watched her do it and realised that she was jumping off the loo first and then wiping
so I suggested that hse stays seated on the loo to wipe(seems to keep the area needing wiping more exposed as it were)
She has been doing better since then

Radley Tue 03-Jul-07 07:50:55

Yes, we constantly have a supply of wet wipes at the side of the toilet and always makes sure that there is plenty of toilet roll. We do reminder her when she goes, but if we do it starts her off shouting at us.

TrinityRhino Tue 03-Jul-07 07:52:40

oh right
sorry that your having this trouble
with dd1 it seemd more to be her not managing to do it effectively but really trying so when we reminded her she was fine
maybe a sticker chart or money??? for not shouting at you when reminded?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now