Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook

Find out more

Marks on my son's teeth. Any ideas?

(11 Posts)
catbryant Fri 29-Jun-07 18:53:54

My 10 month old son is busy cutting all four top teeth. They seem to be coming through discoloured and one is slightly chipped. A friend who is a dentist said this could be the result of illness a few months ago. Has anyone else had a similar experience? His bottom ones are fine. Cheers.

SpacePuppy Fri 29-Jun-07 19:06:32

I'm not a 100% sure but doesn't antibiotics discolour teeth?

foxinsocks Fri 29-Jun-07 19:07:20

yes, dd's permanent front teeth are scarred like this. She was v sick as a baby.

manuka Fri 29-Jun-07 19:29:39

Doesn't flouride in the water discolour teeth too?
My dh has green and grey teeth from anti-biotics

NotReallyFlashGordon Fri 29-Jun-07 19:32:49

i had measles when i was 10 and my two front teeth came through stipey!!, yellow, white and clear.

NotReallyFlashGordon Fri 29-Jun-07 19:33:24

stripey even!!!

manuka Fri 29-Jun-07 19:34:46

How groovy!!

catbryant Fri 29-Jun-07 19:43:06

Thks. Don't think its antibiotics as he's had amoxcyl once and don't think that's the dodgy tooth one. Think I read somewhere might be the result of prolonged high temperature.

mumsville Sat 30-Jun-07 21:52:38

Antibiotics can discolour teeth. I was given anti malarials (antibiotics) - I think they were amoxcylin - with the strict priviso that I wasn't expecting to get pregant. i wasn't but I did and they made quite a fuss about the teeth - which have come through fine.

bambi06 Sat 30-Jun-07 22:02:33

my ds second teeth which are coming through now are two toned discoloured and we have been told its due to a high temp when he was younger and that possibly some more of his teeth will come through the same which is such a shame as his front 4 teeth at the top are yellowy..and looks like he doesnt clean his teeth and for a while i was having a go at him saying he wasnt cleaning his teeth enough and i do his teeth anyway most of the time as i want to make sure he cleans them properly but poor him i was having a go for no reason or fault of his own!!

bookwormmum Sat 30-Jun-07 22:08:59

My dd bruised her front teeth believe it or not and she had to put up with brownish front teeth until they fell out a few months ago . She tripped over and hit her mouth when she was 3 - apparently it was the dead blood cells in her gums staining her teeth or something along those lines (I forget now what my dentist said). She was quite hurt when the children at school pointed them out as being dirty to her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now