Talk

Advanced search

child modelling

(24 Posts)
lay Thu 28-Jun-07 09:10:22

hi can anyone help me???????????????? my 11 year old son was always been told he should be a model so applied to loads of agencies inc kitsch kids in london.kolours. modelstandout.pulse.modelschild.tuesdayschild. gingersnaps.eurokids.bizzykids to name a few and they have all accepted him (didnt think when i applied that they all would lol) but as we are new to this we are really confused as with who to go with as anyone had any dealings with any of the above i would be really grateful for some advice thanks

Lolly68 Thu 28-Jun-07 10:09:26

If you have been accepted by Kids London I would join them out of all the others as they are one of the top four and charge no start up fees. The other ones are Bruce & Brown, MOT and Urban Angels.

MzShakur Thu 28-Jun-07 10:16:44

Euro Kids charge £130 to begin with, which is apparently for the photos they insist on taking. We had one job with them, DD played an abandoned baby in a soap, 5 days filming, and after their fees, commission etc... she came out with £90. Poor sausage worked her socks off! Well me and dp did. The early morning travelling etc... having to try and juggle her schedule around theirs etc... Sitting in a shilly caravan with DD getting grisely (They didn't seem to appreciate that when a baby needs to EAT or SLEEP, it can't wait or they will get grumpy!)

I have later learnt that you don't have to pay anything to go with a GOOD agent. And agencys like Euro kids take on EVERY child that is put forward by parents. This is how they make their money. I would second Lolly's advice, go with Kids London.

MzShakur Thu 28-Jun-07 10:19:15

that should be chilly caravan but it was also silly, so shilly is a good compromise.

(The rant about the pantsness of the job is another thread entirely, so forgive me for that part. I wasn't cut out for it obviously!)

lay Thu 28-Jun-07 10:22:27

kids london. said that we live to far away. urban angels books are closed. but gingersnaps said i dont have to pay anything !!! its doing my head in!!! lol

Lolly68 Thu 28-Jun-07 11:17:53

Oh I thought you said Kids London said yes. Mis-read your OP. Sorry. Where do you live? The only other one out of the ones that you have said would be Bizzykids.

lay Thu 28-Jun-07 11:29:13

hi lolly thanks for replying this kids modelling game aint all its cracked up to be is it!! its driving me mad!!! lol. models-direct also accepted him but from what i read thats a big NO!!! and allsorts agency and modelschild also accepted him. ive just this minute applied to bruce & brown to see what they say. i live in the midlands

Lolly68 Thu 28-Jun-07 11:58:13

Try: D K Model Management - Sheffield 0114 257 3480 They are near you.

My DD is with Bruce and Brown.

lay Thu 28-Jun-07 12:00:26

yes they seem a good agency. hopefully they will accept him!!!!!

lay Thu 28-Jun-07 12:00:45

lolly how old is your dd???

goingfor3 Thu 28-Jun-07 12:05:13

Allsorts are really awful people to deal with. I took mu DD for an assesment with them and got a really bad feeling. I decided not to go with them and got into Bruce and Brown the next day who have been fantastic. Allsorts put her on thier books despite me not signing anything and I only realsed a few months later when she got a casting through them I got very cross and they said they would remove her then a few weeks later the same thing happned, I was very cross!

LilRedWG Thu 28-Jun-07 12:06:11

Sorry for the hijack, but can anyone recommend a reputable agency in the Birmingham area. DD is 13 months.

TIA

Lolly68 Thu 28-Jun-07 12:09:14

Lay - my DD is 17months today!

LilRed - DK Model Management are in Sheffield. See below for details.

lay Thu 28-Jun-07 12:13:53

hi im from walsall near birmingham. i dont know any good ones locally sorry how old is your dd?

lay Thu 28-Jun-07 12:14:43

lolly how long as your dd been with bruce and brown for ??

Lolly68 Thu 28-Jun-07 12:19:04

She only been with them for a couple of months.

lay Thu 28-Jun-07 12:19:07

goingfor3------- yeah they phoned me the other day for my son to go for a photoshoot this sunday!!! not telling me that they had accepted him or anything!!! they do some pushy!!!!

lay Thu 28-Jun-07 12:19:35

lolly- has your dd had much work with them???

Lolly68 Thu 28-Jun-07 14:01:45

Not yet. She was with Kids London before and done Junior P&B shoot, also had a few castings. She is coming up to the "difficult" toddler age so I know it will be very quiet for her at the moment.

lilyruby Fri 25-Feb-11 12:28:59

hi does anyone no any agents in the north that dont ask for loads of money to join? my daughters are 6, and 12 thanx

lilyruby Fri 25-Feb-11 12:34:49

is anyone on the books for pha agency in manchester my 2 girls have got to go for a photo shoot with them but im not sure ?

inspireddance Fri 25-Feb-11 13:12:59

Never pay ANY money to an agency. This includes for professional photos from their photographer that the kid must have or being placed on a website, in a book or admin fees. They will take their cut (~10%-20%) from any money your DC earns.

For young DCs (under 2), a good, clear home photo will be accepted by most agencies as the child changes so fast. For older DCs send a good, clear home photo to the agency but be prepared to pay for professional shots if they are accepted. You should be allowed to provide these yourself and not be forced to use a certain photographer. Often family/friends with a good professional camera can help, if not ask at a local college/uni for students who want practice.

If you want to get into this make sure you read up on it and take advice. It is a business and you have to look out for your DC and their welfare first. You maybe asked to drop everything for an audition that afternoon or the next day, can you do that? Do you have money for all the transport? Also be prepared for your DC to make very little money, even for hours of work.

It's great fun for kids when it's done right, as I experienced myself many years ago. Just don't be screwed over.

Jodiep123 Sat 21-Oct-17 14:03:58

Hi I know it’s been a while but did you ever get any work from pha casting? I’m here with my daughter now and seems a bit iffy to me..

WitchesHatRim Sat 21-Oct-17 14:04:55

ZOMBIE THREAD
ZOMBIE THREAD
ZOMBIE THREAD

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now