Talk

Advanced search

Queston for those of you who used 'Mummy laid an Egg' with your DCs ... how old were they?

(8 Posts)
ejt1764 Thu 21-Jun-07 18:31:50

Title says it all really - I am 25 weeks pg with dc2 - ds is 4yrs 8 months and very questioning about the whole pregnancy thing.

We tried the 'Mummy has a house in her tummy' - but found it a bit young, and didn't answer a lot of the questions he's asking. Although I'm happy answering his questions, I feel like a story book would help.

We've been recommended this book, and would like to know how old your DCs were when you used it with them ... If you think ds is too young for this book, is there another one you would recommend?

Crocky Thu 21-Jun-07 18:52:29

I read this to my ds aged 6 recently. Only prob was he wouldn't believe any of it and kept arguing that it was only a story.

ejt1764 Thu 21-Jun-07 18:59:51

so do you think 4 yrs 8 months is too young?

RosaLuxembourg Sun 24-Jun-07 23:56:11

Not too young at all. My three year old loved it and so did her five year old sister.

RosaLuxembourg Sun 24-Jun-07 23:57:33

But should add: as an explanation of reproduction it is not that helpful - just answering questions works better really. Funny book though.

WigWamBam Mon 25-Jun-07 00:04:36

Dd was less than 3 the first time. As RL says, though, it's better used in conjuction with answering questions and explaining yourself as well.

CristinaTheAstonishing Mon 25-Jun-07 00:26:20

I had this for DS when he was 3 but my DH thought it was too much!!

Othersideofthechannel Mon 25-Jun-07 05:53:07

Age 4. It answered his questions.
DD age 2.6 listens in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now