Talk

Advanced search

Safest Computer Games

(10 Posts)
MummyMoving Wed 03-Oct-18 10:38:01

Hi there,

My DS9 plays Minecraft on my laptop, and CBBC games - he gets 45 minutes a day. He is now keen to play something like Roblox as his friends talk about it at school.

I've had a read of the Roblox info, and am nervous about it's social element. I would much prefer him to play something that does not require him to share any info, or be in contact with people online.

Do you have any games you can recommend that I could offer him instead? I would like to have something up my sleeve for when I refuse Roblox....

Thank you so much for any advice xx

PaulMorel Mon 08-Oct-18 04:13:53

Peek-a-Zoo by Duck Duck Moose. Parents need to know that Peek-a-Zoo by Duck Duck Moose is an app game that asks children to look at different groups of cartoon animal characters and distinguish which ones are exhibiting a specific trait or behavior. It's super simple to use, making it a nice tool for toddlers and preschoolers to use in terms of learning social cues.

penisbeakers Mon 08-Oct-18 05:15:36

The Sims.

homophoebe Tue 11-Dec-18 09:49:05

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

astoundedgoat Tue 11-Dec-18 10:20:45

My 9yo plays Minecraft, Terraria, Slime Rancher (such soothing music - all of these!), and Stardew Valley.

On the iPad she loved Gorogoa, which is stunning (you might need to help), and the beautiful Monument Valley I & II.

angrychristianmomtherof8 Sun 23-Dec-18 18:28:54

WELL, I CAN CERTANTLY TELL YOU, THINGS LIKE ROBLOX AND FORT NIGHT SHOULD PROBABLY BE BANNED FROM YOUR HOME. FROM WHAT I'VE HEARD ROBLOCKS IS A GAME ABOUT HAVING INTERCOURSE WITH OTHER "HOT BLOCKS". YOU CAN ALSO GET "SPICY BLOCKO POINTS" FROM DOING SO, SO PLEASE DO NOT LET THEM PLAY ROBLOCKS. fangry

StoorieHoose Sun 23-Dec-18 18:35:14

What a load of nonsense that shouty poster has said FFS

StoorieHoose Sun 23-Dec-18 18:36:20

Roblox you can find child friendly servers to play on which the chat (if you turn it on) is strictly controlled.

DoseOfRealism Mon 24-Dec-18 01:21:36

9 years old? "Safest Games?" There is no such thing as a "Safe Game." All games can be exploited somehow. The "social element" is fine. When I was younger, I played games with a social elements all the time, and have not experienced some thing such as profanity. If the game is free, then let the child get it.

NinJingag Fri 28-Dec-18 04:11:33

Roblox allows you to turn off chat.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »