Talk

Advanced search

WWYD - DD5s friend is texting her, using her Mum’s phone

(7 Posts)
LifesTooShortForYourNonsense Thu 16-Aug-18 15:19:48

Message on my phone from a mum at school, but clearly her 5 year old to mine. I’ve not shown my daughter- not sure what she’d make of it, and don’t really want her to get into texting! Not until she has phone of her own, in 7 years time. What shall I reply?

Freezingheart Thu 16-Aug-18 15:25:45

I ignored these messages and when I got the chance spoke to the mum to explain I wasn’t comfortable with my dd writing to her friends on their parents numbers. Partly cos ultimately they are writing via adults I don’t really know or where I did know them my dd started commenting on my messages etc etc
Turned out the other mum didn’t know her child had done this and fully agreed.

Freezingheart Thu 16-Aug-18 15:26:28

I didn’t tell my dd either otherwise I’d never have heard the end of it.

HoleyCoMoley Thu 16-Aug-18 15:28:01

Ignore it, don't how it to your dd. Later you can call the mum and tell her what's happened, tell her you don't want any more messages.

LifesTooShortForYourNonsense Thu 16-Aug-18 15:55:37

Thanks for support. It didn’t occur to me her mum might not know (I assumed she would think it’s cute). I keep my phone passworded and they wouldn’t know the text icon, even my 7 year old isn’t interested. I’ll reply to say my daughter won’t be, I think.

LifesTooShortForYourNonsense Thu 16-Aug-18 18:00:51

I messaged to say she has no access to my phone, mum replied to say - I’ve just read it, it’s very sweet... So has no idea who she’s messaging and when confused

Freezingheart Fri 17-Aug-18 08:54:22

Hmmmm, well exactly. A child that can’t u internet and social media safety shouldn’t be allowed unsupervised on a phone! At least it was you - could have been any random contact

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »