Talk

Advanced search

Variflow teats

(6 Posts)
0310Star Sat 11-Aug-18 23:33:12

Hi, I'm looking for some advice on variflow teats. I have a 3 and a half week old baby who is a very hungry baby. She is on the number 1 tommee tippee teats but seems to be getting quite frustrated when feeding. She has a very strong suck and makes a lot of noise when feeding, but recently has started to get frustrated and start crying even though she's clearly hungry, it gets worse of an evening when she's at her hungriest! She often falls asleep when being fed and then wakes up soon after in a and gets in a state clearly hungry.
Any advice on the variflow teats? Are they worth a try?
Thanks in advance!

PGibbers Sat 11-Aug-18 23:40:58

My daughter is 5 months old and I have been using variflow teats since week 2 as I found size 1 were contributing to colic. As soon as I switched her to variflow she was able to manage the intake far better and has thrived since. I'll be moving her to size 3 shortly but if they cause her issues I will switch back to variflow. The variflow are very good. I have no complaints and she seems satisfied throughout all of her feeds.

0310Star Sun 12-Aug-18 06:09:19

Thank you for your reply. She's getting herself in such a state through frustration and sucks so hard that it can't be comfortable!
Il pop into town this morning and go and grab some.
Thanks smile

Eledamorena Mon 13-Aug-18 04:27:09

I also used Tommee Tippee variflow pretty much from newborn. It also saves the hassle of buying new ones and trying to judge when they need the next size up. They do wear out eventually but I went through hardly any compared to if I had worked my way through the sizes.

I hope it works for you!

0310Star Mon 13-Aug-18 10:21:29

We went and got some yesterday and she is already sooooo much happier! And she actually settled in the evening last night which she hasn't done in probably 4 days. She didn't even leak any out the side of her mouth which I had read may happen.
Will be sticking with them from now on I think!

PGibbers Mon 13-Aug-18 10:39:12

That's a relief. Delighted to hear they have worked so quickly. I swear by them.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: