Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

In the night garden.

(10 Posts)
mkmatthews4 Sat 11-Aug-18 19:46:35

My 10mo DS loves loves loves In The Night Garden but whenever it gets to the birds whistling again because the end is coming up, he kicks off something rotten. I always just flick over to BabyTV.

Am I doing the right thing or should I just leave it on and see if he can learn a little more patience with it or something? It’s not a bed time thing, he just loves it loads.

Go easy on me, I’m a first time Dad.

mkmatthews4 Sat 11-Aug-18 19:47:01

First time single Dad that should have said

Lana1234 Sat 11-Aug-18 21:23:59

Hiya my nearly 1yo loves the night garden too, he only watches it at bed time though. His last bottle before bed goes on towards the end. Then we do a story in his cot. Maybe save the baby tv stuff for day time then the night garden just before bed? I find the night garden just relaxes my DS and the good nights and end theme tune help make him sleepy. If in the day time though and he kicks off I’d just turn over, anything to make it all a bit easier smile

mkmatthews4 Sat 11-Aug-18 21:43:37

I avoid it at bed time because he kicks off when it starts to end but I didn’t think of giving him his bottle for that bit. What a bloody good idea.

Thank you

mkmatthews4 Sat 11-Aug-18 21:44:09

More tips on any subject also welcome 😂

Lana1234 Sat 11-Aug-18 22:29:33

Oh it’s the same with my little guy he starts to get cranky at the end so when those birds start chirping I have a bottle ready and he’ll just watch the end really relaxed drinking his milk and get nice and sleepy. Don’t know what it is about that show it bloody hypnotises them doesn’t it 😂

mkmatthews4 Sun 12-Aug-18 01:26:15

I think it’s magic

SpoonBlender Sun 12-Aug-18 01:44:04

I have no suggestions and wish you luck with the bottle trick, I just wanted to say that The Night Garden reliably freaks me the fuck out.

mkmatthews4 Sun 12-Aug-18 11:52:15

Hahaha. It is very very creepy, isn’t it!

Kezebel Sun 12-Aug-18 15:44:02

Try to mute that part till it is over?

'Wow look at the beautiful birds!' talk about their colours etc instead.

See how he would react to that?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: