Talk

Advanced search

iPad Useage

(5 Posts)
NML2286 Fri 10-Aug-18 14:48:42

What is a 'normal' amount of time your DC spend on iPad each day?

My DD is nearly 3 and will probably watch 30/45 mins of YouTube while having breakfast and then maybe another hour of Peppa/YouTube early afternoon for some quiet time. Potentially another 30/45 mins while I'm making dinner.

Does this seem reasonable or should I really try and cut down the screen time?

appletree100 Sat 11-Aug-18 15:33:59

I often feel guilt over how much i pad useage my 4 year old has had since she was, well one years old. I think the above sounds alright really, mine has the same with ceebeebies in between... I also have a newborn. Obviously in a perfect world my 4 year old would entertain herself or have other forms of entertainment... The ipad allows me to get on with things without constant questions etc xxx

mindutopia Sat 11-Aug-18 15:43:18

I think it depends on the day and what else we’re doing. Mine is 5 and really only uses her tablet for school (she has some homework to do on it every week) and then maybe an hour or two on weekend mornings so we all get a bit of quiet time. She does watch an hour of tv though every afternoon while I cook dinner. We don’t allow any screens at the table though so never during meals. If it’s raining or any one of us is poorly though obviously it can definitely be more.

NML2286 Sat 11-Aug-18 16:37:03

Thank you. Good to know we are kind of average! It's so hard isn't it... iPad makes everything so much easier and it's the thing she will always ask for but yet feel so guilty!!

Biologifemini Sat 11-Aug-18 16:43:57

It depends on their age. My child is in year 1 and does x1 game per day on the pad taking 5 mins.
The blue light from iPads is extremely bad for their eyes. So it is better to watch tv which is a bit further away.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: