Talk

Advanced search

Replacement for outgrown bouncer

(17 Posts)
Pebblespony Sat 23-Jun-18 20:46:15

We were using a bouncer for DD for her to sit in to relax before putting her in the cot, to have a bottle in etc. basically as a little chair. She's too big for it now. Any suggestions as to what we put her in now? She's 10 months.

anotherangel2 Sat 23-Jun-18 20:56:11

My 10 month old would not have stayed still when she could move so her bouncer was abandoned much earlier than that. Can’t she chill on the floor or maybe a bean bag.

lulu12345 Sat 23-Jun-18 20:59:17

Can she sit up on her own, maybe even with pillows around her? I use a fisher price sit me up chair for my 5 month old which keeps them more upright than a bouncer but tbh I don't think you'd get much use out of it buying it at 10 months.

Pebblespony Sat 23-Jun-18 21:02:26

She was going to sleep in the bouncer but we'll have to be tougher about putting her in the cot awake. I was just being lazy and taking the easier option.

lulu12345 Sat 23-Jun-18 21:03:40

Not lazy.. if it works, it works!

Pebblespony Sat 23-Jun-18 21:03:54

She was too big alright so we were only putting her in it when she was sleepy. She acts like she gets an electric shock from the cot. Wide awake.

Mol1628 Sat 23-Jun-18 21:06:00

Neither of mine would be strapped into anything by that age.
I used a travel cot as a playpen to put them in- all their daytime naps were in the pram or on me.

Pebblespony Sat 23-Jun-18 21:11:20

Travel cot is a good idea. I'll try her in it for naps.

Samewitches Sat 23-Jun-18 21:11:29

Mine is 7mths and I know what you mean, I've had this with both of mine! They will relax/ watch telly (blush) whilst drinking their last bottle and fall asleep in the bouncer and be transferred happily whilst asleep/ very woozy. But then they hit the age where they turn, thrash, sit up, throw themselves and the bouncer forward and then..... what? I've been rocking ds recently in the bedroom and then putting him down but sometimes it's like the electric shock you mention. I've clearly joined this thread to sympathise and not help you at all, if anyone has the answer I'll pay good money at the moment! angry

december212 Sat 23-Jun-18 21:14:42

We were in the same position as you. We used a small bean bag armchair thing for a couple of months then from about 10/11 months put her in the cot awake, with a bottle and some teddies. She cuddled herself in and gets herself off to sleep every night now. Might worth trying some books or teddies in the cot and see if she'll self settle in time.

kshaw Sat 23-Jun-18 21:20:03

I got mine one of these and she loves it!

daisiesinherfootsteps Sat 23-Jun-18 21:27:37

Kshaw's just beaten me to it. When our very chunky baby hit the weight limit of her infant bouncer by 6months we got the infant to toddler chair (an older model of the one in that photo). It was great until she wanted to sit up all the time, then we retired it for a while but it came into its own again converted to the toddler rocking chair (there's a strap to change the angle of the back) then used again both ways for DC2.

Lana1234 Sat 23-Jun-18 21:28:28

Another vote for the fisher price infant to toddler rocker. My DS is nearly 10mo and it keeps him safe and secure when I need to put a bottle on or do food

Pebblespony Sun 24-Jun-18 15:45:21

Just bought the infant to toddler rocker. Problem solved! She loves it. Thanks everyone!

ElMarineroBaila Sun 24-Jun-18 15:48:58

I had to get rid of my bouncers at about 5 months because they hated being still! I envy you, I have two 10 month old unstoppable moving machines!

Pebblespony Sun 24-Jun-18 16:02:17

She 's unstoppable too. This is just for when she's sleepy, giving last bottle etc. They're hard work!

slippersinsummer Sun 24-Jun-18 17:43:13

I had a fisher price sit me up chair , but just used when I had a shower etc not for falling sleep. I think we used from 4/5 months as DS was a giant early-ish to sit up.

https://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/fisher-price-bouncers-seats-and-rockers/fisher-price-giraffe-sit-me-up-floor-seat-with-tray/p/152074?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4sWG8N7s2wIVQ4XVCh12ZwBJEAQYASABEgLYkfD_BwE

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: