Talk

Advanced search

Bottle feeding advise needed

(11 Posts)
Cmad116 Thu 14-Jun-18 00:40:09

Hi all my daughter is 3 weeks 3 days im using phillips avent natural bottles she had the 0+ teets but kept falling asleep on her feeds ive changed today to the 1 month + teets and a few times seems like she is gagging on bottle she has been fussy with her feeding all day since the change taking 2/3 ounces during the day then her usual 4 ouces this evening. Just done her midnight feed and she onky taken 2 not sure if i should change the teets back?

myotherbagisgucci Thu 14-Jun-18 08:13:21

I never had any luck with the advent bottles with my DD, after trying nearly every bottle out there, MAM with number 1 teats were the best.

myotherbagisgucci Thu 14-Jun-18 08:13:40

Avent*

Drchinnery Thu 14-Jun-18 08:17:18

Midwives advised me Avent teats can be quite hard as can tommee tippee, had the same problem with my son, we tried allsorts of bottles midwives said to use mam, they are apparently a lot softer. I didnt try them in the end I used nuby natural touch

Cutyourshakehole Thu 14-Jun-18 08:21:20

Yup tears are too hard, mam bottles for sure. It’s a pain when you bought everything but worth it

Flicketyflack Thu 14-Jun-18 08:25:04

If you only have the avent to hand just go back to the ones she was using and try her with different ones during the day when you are not so tired and she is not so sleepy. smile

I used avent for both my kids (now 13 & 10).

Lostwithinthehills Thu 14-Jun-18 08:28:20

I used the Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature bottles and teats, they worked well for us. Is you daughter falling asleep before she’s finished or nearly finished the milk?

Cmad116 Thu 14-Jun-18 09:00:19

She has been falling asleep half way through the bottle on the 0+ teets. Ill switch back during night bottles and keep trying with the 1+ during the day. The natural avent bottles are soft teets i have some nuby bottles aswell i may try them. Every mum i know that had mam bottles babies got bad wind??

JLD1987 Thu 14-Jun-18 09:10:07

I had the same issue with my DD when she was small, got myself into a right state cause she wasn't eating enough. When she was 6 weeks I changed to MAM anti colic bottles and I wish I'd used them from the start. The shape seems to be better for the baby too, as it can just rest on their tongue. I'd suggest buying a mam bottle cause you can buy them separately and see how it goes. My daughter used to dribble out loads of milk from her tommee tippee one and now she doesn't waste a drop!

mindutopia Thu 14-Jun-18 09:19:34

Unless there are concerns about weight loss, there’s nothing bad about a baby who falls asleep mid feed. They’re either just tired or finished. If there are worries about weight, changing her before a feed or stripping her down to her nappy can help keep her awake. All of mine both bottle and bf have always fallen asleep during a feed. You can always carry on when they wake up if you’re still within 2 hours of making the bottle.

Cmad116 Fri 15-Jun-18 08:26:12

She is gaining weight excatly how she should when i took her wright clinic she just seemed to be exhausted while feeding ive done 2 days on new teets she is feeding much better but now getting wind so think im going to change back to the previous teets and see how she goes again? I feel like its all trial and error. She has been fine for 3 weeks with the avent bottles its onlt been since i changed the teets to next size so i really dont feel like there is a need to change bottles.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: