Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Baby carrier recommendations

(13 Posts)
Mrsharper88 Wed 13-Jun-18 19:31:22

Hi, I’m expecting dc#2 and looking for baby carrier recommendations. I had a sling for DS1 but just could not get to grips with it. I also borrowed a baby Bjorn carrier from a friend, I preferred this but it did give me a very sore back. Would love some reviews from those with experience. Thank you! Xx

Orangedaisy Wed 13-Jun-18 19:33:24

Love my Lille baby carrier. But best bet is to go to local sling library and try them. Where are you? A mnetter will no doubt be able to point you to a local one.

anotherangel2 Wed 13-Jun-18 19:33:27

Slings/carriers are a bit like bras. One you find comfort your friend might find uncomfortable.

I thought I would love a connecta but I could not mange it and I ended up with a Manduca.

Best to go to a sling library to try a few.

Whynotnowbaby Wed 13-Jun-18 19:33:40

I had a mai tai carrier with ds, I get terrible backache and couldn’t tolerate baby Bjorn but that worked really well for me, I couldn’t do back carry as some do though xx

Whynotnowbaby Wed 13-Jun-18 19:34:22

Sorry about random xxs! Not sure where they came from

PotteringAlong Wed 13-Jun-18 19:34:26

Definitely get to a sling library! There are lots of options and what suits others might not suit you.

MoHunter Wed 13-Jun-18 19:37:12

I used a cheap Mothercare carrier (someone gifted us) for DS1 that constantly gave me a bad back after 30 minutes or so of wearing - then invested in a Lillebaby all seasons for child no. 2 and it was so much better! The wide belt really helps with support and was much more comfortable for my back! I also considered the Ergobaby 360, I think they’re both very similar but I didn’t like the idea of the velcro belt on the Ergobaby (noisy velcro may wake baby if you try to put them down when they’ve gone to sleep on you).

greenhills2015 Wed 13-Jun-18 19:38:39

Je porte mon Bebe physiocarrier is amazing.

Takes weight on hips, shoulders and back - you can also unzip the back so it is just mesh so baby doesn't get too hot.

Can also adjust a lot, fits DP who is 3XL and me UK12 - the excess strap length rolls up and secures with an elastic.

Orangedaisy Wed 13-Jun-18 19:41:03

Like the comment about it being like a bra. I thought I would like the ergo baby as everyone seems to, but my baby’s feet were supported all wrong in it when she was a newborn, just as her legs were longish. THe sling library lent me a lillebaby and I ended up buying a new one as I love it so much. My 4 yo has also been in it!

Blondemother Wed 13-Jun-18 22:55:50

If you can get to a sling library it’s great to try a load on.
I ended up with a Connecta and absolutely love it, it’s not as padded as others but is enough for me and means it packs down really small to chuck in a bag.

wwwwwwwwwwwwww Wed 13-Jun-18 23:51:06

Love my ergobaby 360 performance (clip instead of Velcro) I might not have bought such an expensive bugaboo if I'd known I'd mainly use the carrier.

DappledThings Thu 14-Jun-18 09:35:23

Beco Gemini. I recommend it often. Really simple to put on with three buckles, great support for baby's legs and for you.

But also do go to a sling library

Marmite27 Thu 14-Jun-18 09:38:29

Currently using a close caboo, have a conecta waiting for later.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: