Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

I've had a rough parenting day today.

(3 Posts)
ell4 Wed 13-Jun-18 19:12:57

Screaming teething clingy 11 month old and the eldest's school sports day just don't mix. Riddledwith guilt that I don't have as much time for the eldest when the baby is like this. Feeling bad for wishing I could nap when the baby did instead of reading/playing/baking etc with DS1 like a good mum should. All the guilt just amplified by the fact I go back to work at the start of August.

Anyone else had a rough day? This is your safe place to vent with no judgement. It's not always like this for me but today was a bad one.

What do you do to unwind? I'm getting ds2 to bed right now and when ds1 is asleep I still need to make dinner for dh and I (we eat later because he's only just got home at 7), I have washing to sort as well as being in the middle of getting some work done to the outside of the house so just feel like everything is messy. It's never ending.

I think some chocolate and maybe a glass of wine should sort me out. Here's hoping tomorrow's a better day.

2014mum Wed 13-Jun-18 19:17:48

I’m with you here! Have a 4 month old that still ‘cluster feeds’ constantly, complete Velcro baby that’s also massive and killing my back.

And my 3.5yo is amazing and wonderful but also requires so much attention. I’m probably failing both of them in equal measures but I’m too tired to care because I haven’t slept in 4 months grin

I have baths to unwind, long bubble filled baths and they didn’t use to be my thing but the power of a locked door is amazing. A rarity though as obviously DP has to be home!

Hoping tomorrow’s a better day for you wine

Blondemother Wed 13-Jun-18 22:57:33

flowersginwine

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: