Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Comfort Milk

(5 Posts)
ClareB83 Mon 11-Jun-18 11:51:37

I have six week old twin boys. Both get wind but the smallest one really suffers.

They've also both been crying when their digestive system is working the last couple of weeks. We think this is a relatively normal phase but it does really upset them.

Just doing a poo or working on a couple of farts can keep the smallest one up for an hour or more at night and disturb his daytime naps.

We cycle his legs, give tummy rubs etc but nothing seems to help so we just cuddle him while he rides it out.

But I wondered if Comfort Milk would help. He's currently on formula for premature babies but his doctors were happy to move him onto regular formula if we wanted.

Or is Comfort Milk just for full on colic and constipation? Is it constipation if he goes every day but sometimes it seems a lot of effort?

https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/aptamil-comfort-from-birth-900g

user1474462227 Mon 11-Jun-18 13:36:06

My ds use to suffer with constipation, reflux. I changed his formula from Apitmel to SMA comfort. The pharmacist at Boots recommended it to me as the ingredient in milk is broken down quickly. But only the SMA does this. Have a look at one. I found my Ds happy on that.

Kidssendingmenuts Mon 11-Jun-18 13:56:46

My son was the same! As soon as I moved him onto comfort milk he was a different and content baby. We used the cow and gate comfort one x

ClareB83 Wed 13-Jun-18 09:03:52

Thanks - we've decided to give it a go. No joy yet, he seems worse than ever actually but I think it takes a little while to work.

Salouu Wed 13-Jun-18 14:45:26

My LO has the same issues, she’s on SMA comfort and it has been fantastic- I really recommend it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: