Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Routine for 14 month old and 1 week old

(4 Posts)
NathansMummy0203 Sun 20-May-18 19:17:10

Currently DS1 is on a good routine, loosely based on 'she who shall not be named' and it works well for him. DS2 was born a week ago and I'm breastfeeding on demand atm.

I'm just wondering when it comes time to try and get him into a routine how to go about it. I started one with DS1 at 6 weeks old.

Does anybody have any tips or currently in the same position? My husband goes back to work tomorrow and it will be the first day I'm on my own with both of them. To say I'm feeling a bit anxious is an understatement....

MollyDaydream Sun 20-May-18 19:19:25

I wouldn't bother with a timed schedule before 6 months.
For now just try to establish a sleep-feed-play pattern.

isthistoonosy Sun 20-May-18 19:26:03

We had a similar age gap and tried to get the younger ones sleep-feed-play to fit into the older ones routine from the start. So we put them down together for nap / quite time together (older had stopped napping -- annoyingly), fed at similar times etc. It meant shifting the older ones times a little but eventually lead to similar schedules.

NathansMummy0203 Sun 20-May-18 19:34:29

Thank you :-) I wasn't sure if it was too early to start straight away? My first born was in his own room from 3 months but it was just the 2 of us at home all day with my husband at work so was easier for me to work on getting him into a good routine. Won't be so easy with this one with a one year old to look after at the same time. I guess we will see how tomorrow goes and take it from there.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: