Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

5 week baby projectile vomiting

(11 Posts)
Yardleylewis Sun 20-May-18 18:54:52

Hello all,

My newborn has been projectile vomiting for just over a week now and weve been in and out of hospital over the weekend and last night we had a scare as he actually choked on his vomit in his sleep and turned blue and we had to call an ambulance.

The doctors think its either pylonic stenosis, or a cows milk protein allergy.
But i noticed earlier when we was in hospital and using the NUK teets he didnt vomit once and passed wind easily (he had 3 feeds).

However we usually use the tommee tippee close to nature teets/bottles, and as soon as the hospital discharged us and we went home and we gave him a bottle with the tommee tippee teets and he threw the whole feed straight back up forcefully. Ive scanned around and noticed other people have had the same kind of problem.. what do you all think because its become very stressful for us over the past few days??

Thanks,

Dushenka Sun 20-May-18 18:57:48

My advice is to take him to a professional homeopath fast. Homeopathy is effective at treating this condition and it's safe for babies.

TryingToForgeAnewLife Sun 20-May-18 19:01:44

Get some Nuk teats and try

TryingToForgeAnewLife Sun 20-May-18 19:02:35

How would homeopathy help with pyloric stenosis or milk allergy?

sentenceinterrupted Sun 20-May-18 19:02:43

I second the tears. Also, did they orovide (different) milk in the hospital?

PleaseAndThanks Sun 20-May-18 19:03:59

@dushenka Homeopaths can treat suspected pyloric stenosis? Ok then hmm

Try NUK teats

sentenceinterrupted Sun 20-May-18 19:05:28

That's teats. And provide. blush

jkl0311 Sun 20-May-18 19:05:59

Try nuk teats then. Or dr brown bottles. Ask on your local Facebook groups and someone maybe able to lend you a few to try out (obviously good wash and sterilised)

Yardleylewis Sun 20-May-18 19:07:11

They switched his milk to aptimil pepti 1, but he still vomits although they said he may need time to adjust to the milk. I have a feeling it could be the teats

Dushenka Sun 20-May-18 19:09:52

If it is pyloric stenosis, surgery's often needed; but homeopathy can help massively with the symptoms (as well as helping recovery from the surgery). See pennstatehershey.adam.com/content.aspx?productId=112&pid=33&gid=000138
Very often the cause of projectile vomiting in babies is not pyloric stenosis, in which case homeopathy can frequently do the complete job. I should add, I am not a homeopath but myself and friends have used it extensively for many conditions.

sentenceinterrupted Sun 20-May-18 19:20:07

It can take several weeks to get milk out of the system, but we normally noticed a huge improvement within about 3 days. If it is a severe allergy it may need changing to neonate which is different milk, not hydrolysed whey.

But I'd try the tears first!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: