Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Returning to work

(5 Posts)
Elektro Mon 19-Mar-18 15:11:47

So today is my last day of maternity leave. I return to wrk tomorrow (part time) and up until now I've been fine.

Today I feel riddled with guilt for going back to work. I've watched my little one playing this morning and just keep thinking "LO doesn't know I won't be here tomorrow 😩". I feel weird that someone ELSE will be caring for my baby 🙈

It's so pathetic and I know I'm being silly. I just need some sense talking into me!!... I feel so sad 😩

OnlyFoolsnMothers Mon 19-Mar-18 15:42:36

You have my utmost sympathy and understanding. I go back in 2weeks and 3 days and literally cry every night once my LO is in bed. I know she will be fine, it’s me that won’t be. cakewineflowers

Blondemother Mon 19-Mar-18 15:45:32

It’s totally understandable to feel worried, it’s a big change!

Once my little girl settled into nursery she absolutely blossomed and I really enjoyed being back at work having some time for myself.

You will both be okay! x

Elektro Mon 19-Mar-18 15:53:17

I feel so so upset about it. I'm really dreading dropping LO off in the morning. By the time I get home, it will be baby bed time too 😢.

I know how much he'll have, it'll be me with the tears! It sounds ridiculous but I've kind of had a realisation that he's not going to be little forever 🙈

Cutesbabasmummy Wed 21-Mar-18 10:57:14

I cried my eyes out when I went back after 9 months. But he's 3 now and honestly I'm glad I'm back at work! I have Fridays off, he has Mondays and Tuesdays with my parents and then 2 days at nursery. I feel its a good balance .

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: