Talk

Advanced search

baby swimming lessons in cardiff

(25 Posts)
nappyaddict Mon 07-May-07 15:00:43

i am currently taking ds to them in kidderminster. i am moving to cardiff with him in september and would like to continue with the course. she said she knew they had a waterbabies course in newport but wasn't sure what was available in cardiff. its a big city - they must be somewhere! can anyone help me out?

Beauregard Mon 07-May-07 22:53:29

bump for you nappy.

Califrau Mon 07-May-07 22:55:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

nappyaddict Mon 07-May-07 23:46:28

is the one at Llanedeyrn Leisu Centre like water babies or is just an informal mum and babies session type thing?

nappyaddict Mon 07-May-07 23:59:41

i have emailed pentwyn, llanishen, fairwater and eastern leasure centre.

can't find a llanedyrn leisure centre though [confused]

Califrau Tue 08-May-07 00:03:17

Califrau Tue 08-May-07 00:05:41

nappyaddict Tue 08-May-07 00:05:56

aha just found this.

Waterbabies:

Monday 11am to 11:30am

Cardiff Marriott Hotel
Mill Lane
Cardiff
CF10 1EZ

Wednesday 10am to 10:30am

St Mellons Golf & Country Club
Castleton
Cardiff
CF3 2XR

Friday 1:30pm to 2pm

Macdonald Holland House Hotel
24-26 Newport Road
Cardiff
CF24 0DD

Sunday 10:30am to 11am

Fitzalen High School
Lawrenny Avenue
Canton
Cardiff
CF11 8XB

so how would i get to canton from cathays as i reckon that's nearest? is there a bus?

Califrau Tue 08-May-07 00:12:25

Califrau Tue 08-May-07 00:14:48

nappyaddict Tue 08-May-07 00:17:31

the marriot one seems to have moved on a bit since you went

nappyaddict Tue 08-May-07 00:19:13

i think i'd need to go to the bus station for all of them. i don't think the council do the sort of lessons i am after so will have to go with the private ones.

nappyaddict Tue 08-May-07 00:36:36

looked at the marriot or the mcdonald house is nearest to us and could probably walk there in about 25-30 mins. hopefully i'll get monday or friday off uni!

Califrau Tue 08-May-07 00:48:19

nappyaddict Tue 08-May-07 00:54:46

excellent!! ah i know richmond road. the only reason i said either was cos i was basing it on a walk from colum road which is on the outskirts of cathays. will probably be living more in cathays so the mcdonald one might be better. in the afternoon too

nappyaddict Tue 08-May-07 01:00:13

this is holland house

mykidzrmyworld Thu 10-May-07 21:52:13

Just to add something
you could easily walk to Holland Hse (also my old work Califrau-Chartered trust/Blackhorse) and the marriott. Both very nice indeed chick!
Will mail U N/A in a sec = sorry been so long in replying!

mykidzrmyworld Thu 10-May-07 21:52:14

Just to add something
you could easily walk to Holland Hse (also my old work Califrau-Chartered trust/Blackhorse) and the marriott. Both very nice indeed chick!
Will mail U N/A in a sec = sorry been so long in replying!

Reesie Sat 12-May-07 16:34:24

Just to say - I go along to the waterbabies course in newport and although expensive (£90 per term) - I love it and justified the expense as I don't go out any more!!!!!

It's a fab session - held in a special needs school so the pool is gorgeous and warm like bath water. My lo started at 3 months.

wotsits Sat 12-May-07 16:45:21

I take DD to waterbabies at University of Wales Hospital in Cardiff - don't know where you are in Cathays but IIRC the no.8 bus goes up along City/Crwys/Whitchurch Rd to the hospital.
My neighbour's DS works at Pentwyn Leisure Centre and told me that the lady who teaches babies and young children swimming is very good and very popular - but I think she teaches on Saturday mornings.

hockeypuck Sat 12-May-07 16:59:02

nappyaddict they have LOTS of waterbabies courses in Cardiff and the surrounding area, look at the waterbabies website:-

waterbabies

Plus there are lots of pools in the surrounding areas that do baby and mum lessons too. Where in Cardiff are you moving too and welcome!

hockeypuck Sat 12-May-07 17:02:53

D'uh that'll teach me to read the whole thread first. You've already said Cathays and found the waterbabies site - having a muppet day today

So, you are going to be studying in Cardiff? Well if you ever fancy a coffee I'm going to be starting my MSc at Cardiff Uni this September so if you ever need a mumsnetter student contact they I'm your lady

trishhare Tue 04-Oct-11 17:34:04

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Annpan88 Tue 04-Oct-11 21:29:47

Heya they do them in splott pool on a monday and its only like £4 a lesson.

trishhare Mon 17-Oct-11 19:24:19

When looking for lessons ask for a free trial session, if the swim school are confident in their product they will offer you this. Basically you will get what you pay for with lessons. Make sure the company you choose have all the relevant qualifications and if they submerge your little one make sure they know what they are doing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now