Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Toddler not going down for me?

(4 Posts)
NUTLEY22 Tue 13-Mar-18 19:37:12

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. I have 2.5 year old son, always been a good sleeper and still is but over last few weeks I've noticed that he doesn't want to go down for naps/bedtimes for me.

He doesn't have this issues with anyone else, his dad/grandparents put him down and he's fine, but when I put him down he cry's and screams and gets out of cotbed. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening.

Good advice only please, don't want any lectures etc.

Monkeychoppers Tue 13-Mar-18 22:23:46

In terms of naps, my lo dropped naps around this age. Nursery could get him to nap but he wouldn’t nap for me at home. That was the start of dropping naps completely (gosh I miss them!! wink)
In terms of the bedtime, has his pattern with you changed at all?

NUTLEY22 Wed 14-Mar-18 07:52:54

@Monkeychoppers no his routine has always stayed the same since baby just tweaked slightly with age. He just shouts mum and then starts crying and then gets out of cot.
As for naps he again still has them for everyone else just not with me. Seems to be very clingy and doesn't want me to leave him and tells me to get to bed

RNBrie Wed 14-Mar-18 07:59:49

Ahhh mine does this. Also bad if she knows I'm in the house at all. But if I'm not there she just goes straight to sleep.

She's a bit younger than yours and my third, but I just put it down to separation anxiety.

I have a really long winded routine of getting her into bed so she gets lots of notice that it's coming. That seems to help. Lots of singing the same song, and saying good night. She does her best to drag it out too. But then once I say good night then that's it, close the door and leave her to it.

we have a video monitor so I can see she's fine but I pretty much never go back in because I think she'll just learn to keep yelling till I go back.

It will pass, it's just a phase!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now