Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Baby goes nuts in sling

(9 Posts)
abstractblueish Tue 13-Mar-18 10:46:49

Has anyone experienced this? I’m really keen to use my sling, and he’s fine with dad - but if I put him in the sling he goes absolutely nuts because he can smell my milk and wants to feed! It doesnt matter if he’s just fed (he’s quite a greedy boy). He’d be on the boob constantly if it was up to him, mostly for comfort sucking.

Has anyone had this and solved it somehow??

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Tue 13-Mar-18 11:24:24

Are you sure it’s comfort sucking?

KimmySchmidt1 Tue 13-Mar-18 12:41:29

Yep mine does that too. I’m going to try again in a month, as he is only 4 weeks.

abstractblueish Tue 13-Mar-18 16:50:18

He’s 5 weeks and I’m able now to tell when he’s feeding and not. He likes to be on my boob for ages until/whilst asleep.

abstractblueish Tue 13-Mar-18 16:50:58

I’ll keep trying once a week I think!

Strugglingtodomybest Tue 13-Mar-18 16:52:16

I solved it by not wearing a sling wink

teaandbiscuitsforme Tue 13-Mar-18 18:58:02

Just remember that 'comfort sucking' is an important part of breastfeeding, especially at such an early stage, because the baby is trying to build and regulate your supply.

sourpatchkid Wed 14-Mar-18 22:20:22

Mine hated the sling until he was 11 months old shock

BertieBotts Wed 14-Mar-18 22:22:16

Ah this is likely to be a phase.

You could look at breastfeeding friendly positions if you don't mind him feeding - it can be a useful way to get some freedom while going with that.

If you'd prefer not, just leave the sling for now and try again when he's a bit more alert and interested in other things than milk.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: