Talk

Advanced search

Is there an app to monitor my daughters phone??

(17 Posts)
newfunahead Mon 05-Mar-18 21:23:31

So I've seen one online called teen safe which monitors calls, texts and WhatsApp and kick but it's about £14 per month.

Does anyone know of an app that is free or cheaper? I particularly want to monitor WhatsApp

Rainbowmelon Tue 07-Aug-18 12:19:33

You won't be able to moniter whatsapp, it's end to end encrypted. How old is DD, is there a particular reason you're wanting to moniter it?

toomanycuddlytoys Wed 19-Sep-18 22:55:43

Questodio will do all that but not for WhatsApp. That's why I don't allow it as it can't be monitored

PaulMorel Wed 26-Sep-18 08:17:34

What's the main reason you want to monitor you DD? Is it for her own safety or there is something bothering you?

lovely36 Sat 08-Dec-18 23:42:25

That seems wrong to be honest. Think about when you were her age, if you would've like your mom nosey in your phone. Try talking to her and building good communication and a good relationship with her instead. If you have a good and healthy relationship this shouldn't be necessary.

momomia Sun 09-Dec-18 12:02:44

I'm really confused - it says you can monitor WhatsApp but I thought it was encrypted so how does that work?

This seems awful to me, please don't do it. Plus teens are clever, if they know you're using this they will just switch to a different app!

DoseOfRealism Mon 24-Dec-18 01:33:40

Do not do that. If you monitor your child's phone, then your child will get mad at you, and hurt the relationship. Plus, if your child is interested in technology, they could probably uninstall the app or disable it.

doubleshotespresso Mon 24-Dec-18 01:35:53

If wattsapp is your primary concern- could you not download it to your own laptop ?

That way by adding a device you can view anytime the phone is on

IWantMyHatBack Mon 24-Dec-18 01:39:30

Qustodio

goodtimesxd Mon 24-Dec-18 02:09:46

You're crazy, op. Do you really want your daughter to know she can't trust her own mother? Let her be, woman.

stabulous Mon 24-Dec-18 02:12:36

Why do you want to monitor? Has something happened to make you need to do this?

NinJin Wed 26-Dec-18 22:24:29

NEVER, EVER, spy on your kids on the internet.

And yeah, she's gonna be a kid where she can't trust her own parents, you want that to happen? Plus, she's 13, get over it.

Cauliflowersqueeze Wed 26-Dec-18 22:26:23

WhatsApp has terms and conditions that state users must be 16 years or older. If she is that age then there’s no need to monitor. If she isn’t that age, she should not have it.

Starlight456 Wed 26-Dec-18 22:28:20

I check my ds’s phone . He is 11 and knows I do.

That is very different to monitoring a 16 year old.

SuperMommy63 Fri 26-Apr-19 20:31:07

I use mSpy for phone and Net Nanny for computer. They work great. DC don't know about mSpy and they constantly complain about Net Nanny. My advice is if you want to monitor, do it secretly so they don't become sneaky and mad. It offers a good view into their world. DS13's mSpy hasn't been sending me reports in the past months so I have to manually monitor it sad

danicohn Fri 26-Apr-19 21:40:54

Same here with @SuperMommy63, I've heard shocker stories from friends that their kids now have passcodes the parents don't know about after they find out about them being monitored shock

lovely36 Tue 07-May-19 13:30:21

If you can't trust your child enough for her to have a phone then don't give her one at all. Noseying around is terrible and you're only teaching her to be sneaky and feel betrayed and like you don't trust her. It's very annoying. Instead teach her good morals, respect and talk to her a lot about life and what's appropriate and what isn't at her age.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »